Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:46 AM   #1

Default fz1000 - the shake icon is on all the time

Even when set with a high shutter speed, that warning still appears. The only options that I see in the Menu are shake or vertical shake. Is there a way to turn the function off and then on again?

Ed
edhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:13 PM   #2
JR1

Have you read page 195 of the manual

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk
JR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:47 PM   #3

Default problem solved - I think

Thanks JR1. Yes I read p 195, but not very well. I simply missed the top part and did not notice the ON/OFF switch on the barrel. I must have accidentally switched it off some time ago and then thought the red alert was telling me that I was using a very slow speed which I frequently use in the senior facility where I live.
I noticed that my pix seemed to be getting fuzzier lately but I thought it was all age related Im 93 at this point, but I still take the photos for our newsletter and resident directory. The light in most of the venues here is very soft and not very bright and the weak flash is not very helpful because it usually results in a mixed light source. At this point, I am using 1600 speed and still end up at 1/30th most of the time.
Thought about upgrading from a bridge, but all I want is a camera with a zoom like the FZ1000 and I did not see something like that..
edhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 6:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhe View Post
Thanks JR1. .... Im 93 at this point, but I still take the photos for our newsletter and resident directory. ....
G'day mate

May I congratulate you for being as smart as you are at an age I can only dream about [still several decades ahead of me]
If I can do what you are doing so very competently, I will have little to grizzle about. Keep up the good work, and keep that FZ clicking merrily

Best regards,
Phil from the great land Downunder
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote