Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   Lumix TZ90 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica/226103-lumix-tz90.html)

DonalDuc Apr 10, 2018 5:01 PM

Lumix TZ90
 
https://i.imgur.com/7qO4Ncp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xZ0WRlo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xmfSKvQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3sltBUE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F8Z81Ra.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xTi3rZw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0SJ3WHS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pejev2b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nxzSBGq.jpg

Ozzie_Traveller Apr 13, 2018 4:55 PM

Hi

Most impressive for such a camera

Phil

DonalDuc Apr 20, 2018 5:07 PM

Yes, especially for € 256! 30x zoom, 4K/30fps, tiltable display ...

https://i.imgur.com/zBwUq2v.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pz9WRWz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1w0kEku.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JyAS0MF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VMLB3Wu.jpg

DonalDuc Apr 29, 2018 7:36 AM

https://i.imgur.com/nTq8Naf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DD52yr8.jpg

fewpics May 18, 2018 3:51 PM

I've had mine for just over 3 months now and apart from a bit of initial head banging trying to get the right settings in my favourite 'Aperture Priority' mode, I really like it. I don't often delve into compact cameras but I usually like to carry one around with me most times and at the beginning of this year I started to think about retiring the FujiFilm F660 I'd had until then (now that was a great little camera) and after looking around for a while, the Lumix TZ90 was the chosen replacement. The TZ90 seemed much harder to program in Aperture mode compared to the F660, as the resulting shots seemed no better that the F660 but I guess it was just me. I eventually tried iA+ mode and wow what a difference. Some shots are fantastic, especially in bright blue sky days. Basically, I've left it in iA+ and just let the TZ90 pick its own settings. It does let in a bit of noise in lower light however. This was a highlighted point I'd seen in a few reviews and it is true but it's not the end of the world, just pick your shots and unlike what I did by disabling the flash, allow the camera to use to flash when it wants to and 90% of the time you'll survive (the other 10% is the overcast cloudy or rainy days that are no good for any brand of camera work). I guess I was just too used to the Nikon D600 and D750 I also own, which don't really suffer in this area like the TZ90 does every now and then.


In my opinion, the TZ90 isn't really a compact camera though, as in the true sense of the word "compact". It's quite large compared to the Fuji F660 (and many others I saw while looking at cameras) which fitted into any old pocket in any old shirt I ever wore. Now I have to make sure I wear a jacket or shirts with large pockets, or I simply have to use a small carry bag for it but overall I am more than happy with it. This is my first ever Panasonic camera but it may not be the last, as I am quite impressed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2