Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 9, 2004, 11:24 PM   #1

Default More FZ10 Geese (action and other)

Here's some more evidence that the FZ10 has potential for shooting wildlife in action:

Colors

The spit

Almost hit me

Close up

Wild Jump (taken on the bike ride home)

Messy Landing
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2004, 4:47 AM   #2

Those look really good Norm. Would you mind posting the EXIF data for "Almost hit me"?

Thanks, Guerito
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 12:33 PM   #3

Guerito...

I'm pretty sure this is correct. If not exact, it's very close because that area was my general setting. I made very sure that my exposure line was smack in the center and that I had the sunlight as close to directly behind me as possible. This was a difficult day to shoot because the sun would creep in and out from behind big puffy clouds so I had to continuously adjust exposure to ensure proper light. However, I made sure that my shutter speed was as fast as it could be without compromising exposure:

ISO - 100
S - 1/1000 to 1300
A - F4 to F2.8

I often use the focus ring button, pushing down to autofocus and then releasing so that I can shoot manual burst mode when it's in focus. This frame was one of the "burst" frames. The burst on this camera is excellent and fast enough to catch some good action. Although I don't use it all the time because I get sick of erasing the duds. Only when I'm 99% sure I'm going to get some good action is when I set to burst, but the little top button on the camera makes it extremely fast and easy to get to high speed burst. I find that this camera is set almost perfectly for action shooting.

Thanks for the comment and I hope this helps out a bit.
Old Apr 10, 2004, 3:48 PM   #4

The reason I asked was because the depth of field is clear from inches to infinity. You must have been zoomed all the way out as well. Glad to see that you are having so much fun with your camera Norm.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:41 PM   #5

Yes, as the title "almost hit me" suggests.