Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 10, 2004, 11:32 PM   #1

Default FZ10 Gull Attack

Here's probably the last post until I can get back outdoors again. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed struggling for them. I have a new-found respect for wildlife and nature photographers now and I personally enjoyed my first attempts immensely!
I also have a fresh respect for the FZ10 camera and I certainly won't part with it soon (it's actually listed for sale right now but that was before this last weekend).
I'm posting things smaller and segmented for quicker download, the reduced full photo, then a closer cut out shot:

Here's a nice "sharp" shot of a gull standing as the close-up of the belly below will demonstrate:

Belly of above shot showing water droplets:

Full shot of first gull attacker:

Close-up of the attacker's face:

Second attacker hovers over geese:

CU of second attacker:

This gull attacker almost touched it's enemy:

This gull got the goods:

CU of the winner:

This goose is sticking it's tongue out at someone:

CU of the naughty goose (this was shot at full zoom, hand-held). Most of the others were also from full zoom but this one particularly shows an extreme distant shot. The other subjects were closer to me:

Thanks FZ10 for giving me an entertaining weekend! Unfortunately, now I'm gonna be forced to buy the add-on. :roll:
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:29 PM   #2

Very nice, Normcar! I especially like the next to last one of them fighting. The FZ10 really is great!
Bierbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:23 PM   #3

Bierbaum, I'm just sorry that holidays are over and I can't get back out for more. This camera certainly motivates. Thanks for your positive comments. I now see another poster who just purchased the FZ10, dl6hbl, and he's getting some nice crisp shots as well. It's nice to see others posting some good examples of what the camera is capable of.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:32 AM   #4

Very nice !

So - shooting moving targets will be my next lesson :P

Regards

Thorsten
dl6hbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:12 AM   #5

the pic of the gull flying over the water is very nice

great reflection...clear...and i like seeing the rocks underneath the water
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 5:57 PM   #6

Norm, what's the add on that you'll now be forced to buy?

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:59 PM   #7

Vito and Suzan, I appreciate you dropping by for a look, thanks. Suzan, it's the 1.5x Panasonic extender for this camera: http://www.onecall.com/PID_23401.htm but it's a tough thing to find right now.
However, I've been playing around with my canon 1.7x extender and see some promise with it, but I still need to do some testing in the field to know for sure.

Thorston, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. You're off to a great start indeed.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:49 PM   #8

ImKayd1...I'm not really doubling up on posts here, I just thought I'd post fresh out of respect for your question.

Quote:
Norm, what's the add on that you'll now be forced to buy?
Suzan, I just ordered this 1.5 Panasonic tele-conversion lens from Panasonic Canada, and apparently I got the only one in stock at the moment in Canada. That's a bit neat I think. In any event, I should be getting it in 2 or 3 weeks and I'll take it out for a test run for anyone interested. Supposedly it will zoom up to 1890mm with the 3x digital zoom. That should be enough range for most as long as the picture quality is reasonable. And if the "price" says anything, there's hope! Supposedly the F-stop remains reasonable as well, but time will tell.