Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 17, 2004, 2:19 AM   #1

Default Lost my FZ10 lens hood and need another one

I just realized a few days ago that I've lost my FZ10 lens hood and can't find a price on a replacement or even if I can "get" a replacement.

Any comments, suggestions, links?

Thanks,
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2004, 2:34 AM   #2

I would suggest a 62mm Yoshida adapter. But if you want something cheaper http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Then there is the Panasonic parts center.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 4:45 PM   #3

OK, I knew I had seen it somewhere before and finally found it. Here is a link to a parts list. The hood is $11.60US.

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/epartr...istChoice.asp?
Old Apr 17, 2004, 6:38 PM   #4

Thanks Guerito, I can't believe that I have misplaced that part. I just basically forgot the entire camera until my Rebel went in for calibration.

In any event, I went in and made sure that my camera store ordered the hood, filter and 1.5x converter. You can be sure that I will take much better care of this camera and parts.

By the way, the camera store couldn't even tell me what the hood would cost so you've been more helpful to me in that area than the camera store itself! If you're right, I can swallow that loss quite easily. The only thing that's hard to swallow is that I lost it in the first place.
Old Apr 17, 2004, 9:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normcar
In any event, I went in and made sure that my camera store ordered the hood, filter and 1.5x converter.
Wow! You sprung for the 1.5x converter?! How much was it Norm? I'd love to have one, but I just can't justify the cost. I have seen only one photo taken with it, and I was never able to find the site again. I'm sure you'll provide us with some samples the day you get it
Old Apr 17, 2004, 10:23 PM   #6

Guerito, I will eventually post shots with that extender as soon as I get it and "if" I actually fork over the cash for it when I see it. I believe in this camera and I also believe that the extender costs so much because it does the job. If it does then I'll be the last to complain about price. Cripes, you usually get what you pay for! Sometimes you don't, though, so I'll be quite happy if the cost reflects the quality of this particular piece if whatever-it's-made-of.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 12:51 AM   #7

Norm, How much was the extender and where did you get it?

Thanks, Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:24 PM   #8

I believe Panasonic is listing their teleconverter for the same price as the FZ10 is typically retail ($499). The wide angle is $349. Their external flash is $229.

All of the above can be had under other namebrands for MUCH less, but it will be interesting to see if the teleconverter performs better than say a TCON or other popular namebrand/model.

You know...we're all pretty bad when we have the biggest consumer zoom camera (12x) that's currently out there, and it's just not enough for us! Can you believe there are people happy with 3x zooms? Egads!
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:00 PM   #9

Chris is right, and that's about what I was quoted. I ordered it from Panasonic Canada, the only one they had in stock at the time.

This thing probably costs so much because it's equal to a 630mm lens on a 35mm camera with F2.8. Thats a pretty fast teleconverter. If this converter acts like it's supposed to it will be worth the dig into my pocket and I'll have no regrets. I also plan to try it out a bit first before actually paying for it. If it can't perform I won't be spending the money, which of course is reasonable.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:08 AM   #10

For that FZ 10 lens hood go to www.brandsmartusa.com. They are a retailer in S. Florida but offer over 400 parts for the FZ10 through this site. They can provide a hood and spare batteries.
frederikfoss is offline   Reply With Quote