Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 17, 2004, 5:41 AM   #1

Default Is there a possibility of changing firmware "manually&q

Is there a possibility of changing firmware "manually"?

For example I would like to change such thing like zoom in movie mode in FZ10. Or make MPG-4 available. Is it possible :?:
Goly_Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2004, 10:57 AM   #2

There is no known way to do what you ask. It would be nice if it were an undocumented feature, but no one has found a back door that would allow the zoom to work in movie mode. It would be doable since the zoom motor is quiet. Maybe we will be given that option if Panasonic releases a firmware upgrade.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:17 PM   #3

Haha...and I think I've tried just about every button combination! I only tried it because someone reported that when you go into the firmware version screen (burst mode button+down arrow), you're actually in some "program" mode. I thought that maybe I could push it further into that, but...no dice.

You know, you get all these little nerds posting backdoor cheats to video games on the net all the time -- I say put a group of them on a couple of Panasonic cameras and see what they figure out! (Sorry Pana Bob! :shock: )
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 11:34 PM   #4

Hummm, It would be very hard to do it, unless you happened to have some sort of access to how their firmware works and such. I believe (and I don't really know however) that you install firmware by putting the file onto the card and just turning on the camera, and it does it automatically. So that would require that someone would have to program some new firmware for it that allowed zooming. And personnaly, I don't think it could be easily done by anyone besides the people that made the firmware in the first place.

Would be nice though...
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote