Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:27 PM   #1

Default Getting pictures from card to CD & SD Viewer?

Hello Everyone

First thanks on the "DPOF" question. Everything worked and the wife was impressed. Now I'm needing to get the pictures from the card to a CD. I haven't installed the SD Viewer 2.0 yet that came with the camera. I'm still trying to see if I need it or not and what it actually does.

Here' what set-up I have and if you can tell me what's the best way to go I'd appreciate it.

I have a Epson CX6400 "AIO" that has the built in memory card slots. I can use it as a card reader and card monitor. I have ArcSoft Photo Suite that came with the Epson. I also have Photoshop LE and Painter 6.0 to work with. I have a Lite-On cd-rw and DVD player and I'm using Nero 5.0.

From what I've seen most use "jpeg" format . With Nero I've got data , Video Cd and Super video CD to choose from. I remembered something about setting the correct ISO (9660 or Joliet) as well resulting in some players not being able to read the CD's. I've never tried to burn a "Video" CD of any kind so I'm alittle lost on this. Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Kenny J.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:06 PM   #2

Keep it simple. When you insert the card into the computer, it should show up in "My Computer" as a drive with a letter designation. Using Explorer, copy the files on this "drive" to a folder on your computer's hard drive.

Then use what ever CD burning software you have to copy these files to the CD.

You can go back to the "drive" and delete the images from the memory card.
paulmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:07 PM   #3

Keep it simple. When you insert the card into the computer, it should show up in "My Computer" as a drive with a letter designation. Using Explorer, copy the files on this "drive" to a folder on your computer's hard drive.

Then use what ever CD burning software you have to copy these files to the CD.

You can go back to the "drive" and delete the images from the memory card.
paulmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:06 AM   #4

I also try to name a new folder that somehow relates to the pictures. For example, you might have photos from two different days on one SD card, so you may have one folder called Toronto Zoo - April 25, 2004 and another called Expo Center - April 26, 2004 and put the appropriate pictures in each folder. It will make it much easier to find them when you have accumulated thousands of photos, (and you eventually will).
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote