Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:55 AM   #1

Default Small help needed on DMCFZ10 Landscape photography

New to Panasonic DMC FZ10 and the world of camera. Need a help on my query.

I am selecting mode P(like P, Portrait or closeup) to take landscape photos for maximum coverage. But I have seen picture quality is soft and sometimes dark..

DO I need to setup any options???
eeshabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:39 PM   #2

Default Assistance

The camera offers many settings that should be adjusted to adress your needs and desires. Tell me a little about the "landscape" you are trying to capture?
Day or night?
What ISO are you using? What image size?

In general, the "P" or program mode will allow you to shoot in what most people will call auto mode. It's adequate, but improvement is available by manually setting some parameters. I can make more suggestions when I learn more about the scene you are trying to capture. Where are you located? If you are in the U.S. please call our Call Center at (800) 272-7033. They can offer some suggestions.

Bob
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:49 AM   #3

Default Re: Small help needed on DMCFZ10 Landscape photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeshabr
New to Panasonic DMC FZ10 and the world of camera. Need a help on my query.

I am selecting mode P(like P, Portrait or closeup) to take landscape photos for maximum coverage. But I have seen picture quality is soft and sometimes dark..

DO I need to setup any options???
For landscape photography I personally would choose the aperture priority setting, with an 'f' setting of 5.6 or 8 for maxmum depth of field.

In addition ISO would be either 50 or 100 depending on conditions and of course use of a tripod would also be ideal.

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 2:43 PM   #4

Hi eeshabr, I'm also pretty much new to any sort of photography, but I have had my FZ10 for 3 months now, and one thing I do appreciate about it is the full manual controls it offers. I basically only use the A/S/M dial setting in "M" mode and set the aperture and shutter adjustments according to what I see through the viewfinder, with sometimes a bit of adjustment above or below [F stop and shutter speed] taking the shot a few times, and then on my computer deciding which is the eventual best shot. It doesn't take long before you're able to do this in a few seconds. I mainly [99%] use iso 50, the rest of the picture quality settings, I use Normal for all, although I have and am experimenting with the Sharp and Contrast settings. For me personally, the Saturation settings have not produced what I want. Maximum picture size and best quality is always better

Happy shooting

[one more thing which helped me and still does, is that when I first found this forum, someone suggested : EXPERIMENT, EXPERIMENT EXPERIMENT, and that has been the best advice I have obtained and use. GET TO KNOW YOUR INSTRUMENT] The advantage of digital is that it doesn't cost a cent after the initial outlay, so taking 200 shots or more a day can only be to your advantage]
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:41 PM   #5

That's the nice thing about digital cameras. You can experiment, experiment, and experiment, without the cost of film and developing.
gwtx2 is offline   Reply With Quote