Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 29, 2004, 9:21 AM   #1

Default FZ10 MF Question for Panasonic Bob

Bob or anyone,

On page 66 of the FZ10 user guide concerning manual focus (under suggestion/tips). What does it mean when it says "The MF assistance only appears in optical zoom range."?
dwhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2004, 11:43 AM   #2

Default Re: FZ10 MF Question for Panasonic Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhunt
Bob or anyone,

On page 66 of the FZ10 user guide concerning manual focus (under suggestion/tips). What does it mean when it says "The MF assistance only appears in optical zoom range."?
The camera can zoom in two modes, optical zoom (1X-12X) and digital (>12X-36X). If digital zoom is enabled, the manual focus assist features is diabled when you enter the digital zoom range, >12X
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:04 PM   #3

Thank you. I thought something was wrong with the camera because the manual focus didn't seem to always work correctly. That is why I requested a clarification. I did have the digital zoom enabled, and based on what you said, I believe that I was zooming in and out of the digital range which would explain why it did work in some instances and in others it did not. I disabled the digital zoom and it works every time now no matter what zoom range (1X-12X).

Thanks again,

David
dwhunt is offline   Reply With Quote