Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:47 PM   #1

Default DMCFZ10BS???

This may have been covered already in a prior posting, but I noticed a model DMCFZ10BS to be sold in the UK starting in June 2004. Can anyone tell me if this is a different camera than what is available in the US?

Thanks!
thayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2004, 7:25 PM   #2

DMCFZ10BS

DMCFZ10 is the model,

B is for Black one and S for Silver on
Monitep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 7:38 PM   #3

The two models that they are showing on the website in the UK are the DMC-FZ10BB (Black) and the DMC-FZ10BS (Silver).The question I have is that there is a "B" designation after the model, and that it is to be released in June, 2004, which is next month. I am wondering if they are releasing a "B" model that is some sort of an upgrade.
Old May 4, 2004, 7:56 AM   #4
RMC

There maybe something in this as a similar question was asked on another forum recently. See the link below. The only thing i can think of is maybe only the black is available at the moment in the uk and that the silver will be from june?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=8523573
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 11:40 AM   #5

I can only speak for the U.S. market. Here we use "S" and "K" S=Silver and "K" = Black. I've done a quick search and don't see any "BS" version. I do know that dealers often add their own suffix to track where sales leads come from.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 6:01 PM   #6

Here is the link to the Panasonic UK website that shows a model DMC-FZ10BS, "available, June 2004.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/digital-c...10bs/index.htm

It may be that the silver version is not yet available in the UK, but with the "B" before the "S", I thought that perhaps, it was an update of some sort.
Old May 6, 2004, 3:47 AM   #7

I have the black version of the FZ10 (UK specification), originally I was interested in purchasing the silver version but when I phoned Panasonic UK earlier this year they could not give me a date when itwould beavailable.

The link that you posted was for the silver version and the specifications for that camera apart from the colour are the same as the black version it is certainly not a new model.

Some UK dealers earlier in the year were quoting the end of April for delivery of the silver version and now it would appear that June is now the official release date for the UK.

Harryo

Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 10:57 AM   #8

Thanks, Harryo, you answered my question. I did not know that the silver model was not yet available in the UK and that they use a different suffix to differentiate the two colors in the UK than what is used in the US.

Thanks!

Tim
Old May 6, 2004, 12:10 PM   #9

AHA!! Light dawns on marble, maybe??:idea:

k=black. s=silver. B=Britain or British. Ergo BK and BS

They perhaps want someway of tracking their distribution.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 12:51 PM   #10

Well, I'm pretty surethat my mine said DMC-FZ10BB on the box (it's at home at the mo, so I can't check it), but just to confuse the issue I have my manual here and that says it's for the DMC-FZ10EB!

EB = European Black?
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote