Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 5, 2004, 3:06 AM   #11

Yeah.. thats superb contrast, stands out great Norm.. free rider is exc too, not many cameras can match the FZ10 now as your G5 comment indicates..
jus wondering how good the new 2.2 raynox will be, but this dedicated TC must be better.
gonna try TL55 1st tho..
btw what size threads does new TC have plz ?
==============================================

how good is the Sony Harry do you get images as sharp ?
btw
I think you could make a support plate..
Coat hanger bent to shape in paralel, solder a nut in place between the frame @ balance point and as nec.. with a securing bolt thru into camera, make the lens grip a prong shape use a round tin to get diameter/shape then cutaway bit by bit..after cooking.
(make prong with wire inside only up to 45 degrees approx)
surround frame with FIMO clay it goes off like steel.. 30 mins.. test it 1st.. go go m8 ha ha.
PS..
maybe split base Slightly below the grip to allow it to spring open more !

I gonna make one for TL55 prolly !

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 3:08 AM   #12

Jayde wrote:
Quote:
but Outstanding thnx..
£327-91 @ Nomatica
J.
Hi Jayde,

I have just noticed that the message that you posted on Monday 3rd May at 12.55pm which made reference to the fact that the Panasonic lens was available in the UK at £300 has been edited out of your original posting.

In the message that I posted on the same day at 01.25pm I "quoted" the £300 price you mentioned and also the fact that the only listing thatI could find was for Nomatica at £327-91.

At 01.25pm you "re-edited" your message deleting the orginal figure of £300 and inserting the Nomatica figure of £327-91 that I had quoted in my message which then made part of my posting nonsensical to other readers who were following this thread.

In future it would beadvisable for people who wish to quote part of someone else's message to actually use the "quote button" rather than just type in the quoted section.

While I think the "re-editing" facility is fine when people have made a spelling error and wish to correct it, there then becomes a problem when people are editing out references from their original posting which other people might have quoted in their posting.

Is the lens available at the £300 figure that you originally quoted for the UK?

Cheers - Harryo

Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 3:19 AM   #13

Harry
No that price is best i seen so far..
Jessops etc soon i hope..
Amazon too

messages dont redit lol..
sorted ok..

thick cloud lasst nite no Eclipse ..Damn.

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 4:10 AM   #14

Jayde wrote:
Quote:
how good is the Sony Harry do you get images as sharp ?
btw
I think you could make a support plate..
Coat hanger bent to shape in paralel, solder a nut in place between the frame @ balance point and as nec.. with a securing bolt thru into camera, make the lens grip a prong shape use a round tin to get diameter/shape then cutaway bit by bit..after cooking.
(make prong with wire inside only up to 45 degrees approx)
surround frame with FIMO clay it goes off like steel.. 30 mins.. test it 1st.. go go m8 ha ha.
PS..
maybe split base Slightly below the grip to allow it to spring open more !

I gonna make one for TL55 prolly !

Hi Jayde,

I have not had the Sony lens long enough to do any testing with it, although the results that I have seen on the Pemaraal website of images taken with the lens are quite good, the lens was an eBay buy at a decent price, I would have hated to have paid the UK listed price for it!

My DIY skills are not that outstanding.

I am checking eBay for a 'lens support' they do appear on there from time-to-time although whether they would work with the FZ10/Sony combination is another matter.

Would be interested in seeing your DIY support plate for your TL55 when you make it.

Harryo

Old May 5, 2004, 4:20 AM   #15

Jayde wrote:
Quote:
Harry
No that price is best i seen so far..
Jessops etc soon i hope..
Amazon too

messages dont redit lol..
sorted ok..

thick cloud lasst nite no Eclipse ..Damn.

Jayde,

Jessops always list the highest price although they are excellent on price matching. I am looking at a few Hong Kong eBay dealers stores but they are not listing the Panasonic lens just yet, if the price was reasonable I could be tempted.

The re-edit option on the forum is an added tool, I was more keen on changing the background colour via 'My Account' but all I was getting was an error message until someone posted a URL which allowed me to change a few things in 'My Account' and I am now happy with the new forum features!

I also had an excellent view of thick cloud instead of a lovely red coloured moon.

Harryo

Old May 5, 2004, 4:24 AM   #16

Now thats impressive shots and work Norm. Showing good details for sure. Also whats nice to see is a decent ball head. My favourite type of all heads and very quick and versatile.

Thats some chunk of glassbringing out those fine details and man , they look sharp Norm.

All the best up and beyond Norm, great to see and excellent work and results IMHO.

Danny.

-------------------------

http://www.macrophotos.com

http://www.photomacrography.net

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 9:03 AM   #17

Norm,

Can you effectively use this TC throughout the full FZ10 zoom range withoutseeing a darkening of the corners at the low end?

dwh
dwhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 10:22 PM   #18

I've tested the light potential with and without the lens and there doesn't appear to be any difference. In fact, I did that very thing this morning, taking an early morning shot of a leaf stuck in a fence about20 yards from my window, both with and without the converter, and the light difference was negligible. It seems that this lens doesn't lose light.

I'm having delusions that I may even be able to find a way to attach it to my DSLR's Sigma 70-200 F2.8 or my Canon 70-200 F4 with some step rings and have myself a real nice tool. I'll be posting a few more FZ10 photos tonight in another string and you can have a look, since none of the photos I've taken have been cropped (unless noted as being cropped) so corner darkening would be evident, especially in the posts I'm putting up tonight, since they are all "full" optical.

EDIT - Sorry, I believe that I misread what you were asking and may have misinterpreted "low" end. If "low end" means no zoom, then the FZ10 has a "converter" setting that sets the lens at 6x minimumto eliminate the darkened edges when you attach the converter. However, you don't need to use it, if you wish to shoot something close-up you can simply "not" set the conversion, then crop out the edges.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 1:39 PM   #19

Norm,

Thanks for the information. You addressed my question under the EDIT portion of your reply, and that is exactly what I was trying to determine.

Thank You,

dwhunt
dwhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 6:28 PM   #20

Norm,

I'm sure it is in the manual somewhere (I'll try to dig it up), but does the teleconverter setting do anything other than limit zoom to 6-12X? The reason I'm asking is that with limited use, the autofocus seems to work better in the tele mode with my TCON-14B.

Thanks,
Steve
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote