Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 9, 2004, 5:59 PM   #1

I'm new to this stuff. My FZ10 comes w/ a plastic adaptor, but I found this guy in Japan (Yoshida) who is making some nice adaptors. But his sizes are different than the stock (52mm-72mm). He sell a 52-55mm, 52-62mm sizes.

Question is this ... does size make a difference?? I'm likely not going to do too much except for an occasional sports event for my kids and then mostly point and shoot applications the rest of the time. So I may get an UV filter or something simlar to protect the lense.
ninja0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2004, 10:05 PM   #2

ninja0 wrote:
Quote:
Question is this ... does size make a difference?? I'm likely not going to do too much except for an occasional sports event for my kids and then mostly point and shoot applications the rest of the time. So I may get an UV filter or something simlar to protect the lense.

Size really does not matter too much. If the adapter thread size is too small (resp., larger), you will end up using step-up (resp., step-down) rings freqently for filters and converters. It is your choice. Since I have many 62mm accessories (e.g., filters and converters), I choose a 62mm adapter available here http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 User Guide

shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 10:16 PM   #3

ninja0 wrote:
Quote:
I'm new to this stuff. My FZ10 comes w/ a plastic adaptor, but I found this guy in Japan (Yoshida) who is making some nice adaptors. But his sizes are different than the stock (52mm-72mm). He sell a 52-55mm, 52-62mm sizes.

The Yoshida adapters are not really 52-55 & 52-62mm, they are 52mm OR 55mm OR 62mm. You remove the lens hood on your camera and replace it with the Yoshida. You will then be able to attach the corresponding lens/filter to the front of the Yoshida.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 10:09 PM   #4

Guerito wrote:
Quote:
ninja0 wrote:
Quote:

The Yoshida adapters are not really 52-55 & 52-62mm, they are 52mm OR 55mm OR 62mm. You remove the lens hood on your camera and replace it with the Yoshida. You will then be able to attach the corresponding lens/filter to the front of the Yoshida.
Like I mentioned before I'm still a newbie ... but it was my understanding that the Yoshida adaptors would convert the FZ10 (52mm) to a 55mm, 58mm or a 62mm. Did I miss-understand??
Old May 11, 2004, 10:12 PM   #5

By the way. After some consideration, I've decided on the 55mm version. This is two fold. One is that the smaller lens filters are generally cheaper (as compared to the larger 72mm). Secondly, I'm mildly interested in a teleconverter and I've almost decided on the Olympus TCON-14B (for it's picture quality). The Tcon-14B has a 55mm interface, so that's what I'm going with.
Old May 11, 2004, 10:32 PM   #6

The threads on the TCON-14B are 62mm NOT 55mm as previously stated byNinja0. If you purchase the Pemaraal adaptor, the TCON 14B will fit on it.

bernard in delaware
lewisinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 11:08 PM   #7

I am also trying to decide between the Yoshida adapter and this pemaraal. Can some one tell which telephoto lens and wide langle convertor to use and their ring sizes. I can only have one adapter and one ring size and would like to avoid vingenting.

Thanks
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 9:42 PM   #8

Yup ... it's 62mm NOT 55mm for the TCON-14B.

On another question, the outter is 62mm, what's the camera side size??? In case we want just an adaptor ring?
Old May 14, 2004, 9:45 PM   #9

Guerito wrote:
Quote:
ninja0 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah you're right ... you know what size is that inner diameter?? Looks like maybe 68mm (smaller than 72mm and bigger than 62mm).
Old May 16, 2004, 12:40 AM   #10

ninja0 wrote:
Quote:
... what's the camera side size??? In case we want just an adaptor ring?
For the record, I discovered the answer is 64mm ...