Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 19, 2004, 1:54 AM   #11

To NJ10user; To NJ10user

sorry, but the background on my screen is solid black. I could not see the letters in gray or black. I will try typing in black and see if you can read it. I do not see anyway to change the background color.

Please let me know if you see this typing, as I have done it in black and I can not see it at all. I am new to this posting, so sorry that I don't know how to make it type the way you want.
ranchrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 7:50 PM   #12

Ranchrider... sorry, but on my screen all the posts appear with a gray or white background; I just looked through the commands and don't see any way to change that color, although there are settings for type color.

Maybe if Steve is reading this, he will tell the both of us how to get this straight. The new forum software does look, and operate, great!

Bob J

nj10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 11:42 PM   #13

:?That's odd. My background is black also but all posts, and this reply being typed, are in white characters.:?

Maybe a black background with black letters is an initiation for newcomers.:lol:
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 4:28 AM   #14

ranchrider wrote:
Quote:
still do not know anything about the recall. Seems to be a rumor. BUT, have heard that the 2004 model is LC1. Mfg suggested price will be around 1599. Has anyone heard anything about this?
The LC1 is a "rangefinder" type digital camera with a 3 times zoom if memory serves me correctly! Leica has also introduced a similiar camera to the LC1 but at a higher price.

Just to change track, people who are having problems reading coloured type on a grey background only need to use the mouse tohighlight the text and it is then readable.

The default colour for the forums isa black background but it would appear that a number of use find it easier on the eyes using the grey background which can be set once you are signed-in.

Harryo

Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 2:57 PM   #15

I've been busy and away from the board for several days - this is definitely not what I like seeing when I returned! Absolutely NO RECALL. If anyone can tell me which dealer said this I'll promptly send it onto sales.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 11:01 AM   #16

Well, there may be no recall, but Ritz apparently has pulled all their demo's nationwide and is offering them one by one on e-bay!
wwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 6:00 PM   #17

There is some thing funny going on. See this thread from www.dpreview.com

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9141146

It seems there is not one FZ10 to be had in the whole of the UK. Delivery dates from Panasonic keep getting pushed back. I spoke to my local Ritz Camera (US) contact and he said he didn't have any either, but this was the first he had heard that there was a shortage.

parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 8:03 PM   #18

i had a heck of a time finding them is stock , but www.vanns.comcame through for me . panasonic told me over the phone that they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand, cause of this time of the year prople go on vacations and such and they get bought up everywhere. but they are not disco. way to popular and selling great. this is what i know. i even was able to get mine in silver from vanns.
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:57 PM   #19

I suspect there is something up too. I can't imagine the US and the UK both being sold out...but you never know.

parallel wrote:
Quote:
There is some thing funny going on. See this thread from http://www.dpreview.com

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9141146

It seems there is not one FZ10 to be had in the whole of the UK. Delivery dates from Panasonic keep getting pushed back. I spoke to my local Ritz Camera (US) contact and he said he didn't have any either, but this was the first he had heard that there was a shortage.

Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:30 AM   #20

Florida1.

It's hard to believe "they are selling great." If there are none in stock for weeks, they can't be selling many.
parallel is offline   Reply With Quote