Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 15, 2004, 1:17 PM   #21

I'm having trouble finding one in stock as well...

I do remember reading that there were some issues with the camera taking grainy pictures at all times during initial release?
Adam20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:43 AM   #22

I can only speak for the U.S. market. Here, we are shipping regularly and we have not had any "recall" or other issues that raised any concern. As with any product, you have those who like a product and those who dislike it. The feedback I receive from our company resources clearly suggest that it's selling very well and features like its 12X optical zoom make it a favorite among DSC users.

I did contact two dealers here in the US regarding availability. They confirmed that it was difficult to find, though that was due to popularity.

Hope this helps
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:46 PM   #23

^^^

While I'm glad to hear that, near Philadelphia it is no longer advertised in the papers and the local shops don't have one in stock. Hard to reconcile this with selling well. And I'm a fan.

Sorry for the yellow font. It seems that unless one writes in the reply window it is impossible to get white on the pasted text. Is there a way around this?
parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 11:01 AM   #24

florida1 wrote:
Quote:
i had a heck of a time finding them is stock , but http://www.vanns.comcame through for me . panasonic told me over the phone that they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand, cause of this time of the year prople go on vacations and such and they get bought up everywhere. but they are not disco. way to popular and selling great. this is what i know. i even was able to get mine in silver from vanns.
I too was able to get an FZ10 in black from Vanns. Best price I could find on the net and immediate e-mail confirmation with tracking number! Every camera store should operate their business this way.
dhamments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 2:46 AM   #25

Well, I've seen telephoto lenses that cost more than my used Altima or a new low end Toyota. Most of the camera's lenses like that attach to are 1000-5000 in price. On top of that, the FZ10's lens glass is Leica. So I have no doubt that if you bought it as an actual Leica lens, that glass would be even MORE expensive. I'm taking out a mortgage on mynext camera and accompanying lenses. I wonder what kind of APR I can get.

FZFUN
FZFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 2:55 AM   #26

What local shops don't have it? I've been able to find it at Oxford Valley Mall, Franklin Mills mall, and Neshaminy mall. Although, the Neshaminy store had to wait much longer than Oxford Valley to getthe FZ10to begin with. More than likely, the problem isn't at the store, but at their store's main warehouse. Sometimes distribution becomes like triage., they are only willing to spend so much to get so many at one time, but have to decide whether to send to a popular store, or occasionally throw their smaller or satellite stores a bone...

FZFUN
FZFUN is offline   Reply With Quote