Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 27, 2004, 4:25 PM   #11

12HT75 wrote:
Quote:
1. It needs a RAW mode or at least superfine JPEG - I am using the highest quality settings but I can see compression artifacts along edges etc.
totally agree,Not havingsuperfine jpg is a shame, itcant be a hard thing to do. i just dont get it! i would understand if all theother camera feats sucked.. but thats absolutly not the situation here.

12HT75 wrote:
Quote:
2. It needs to remain around 4 to 5 Megapixel resolution but use a larger sensor for lower noise.
agree, less noise its we all dream about, but that would probably make it too expensive:!

12HT75 wrote:
Quote:
3. A/S/M modes should be three different positions on the mode dial, not buried in a menu (even at the expense of losing some of the preset scene modes to make space for them). Also when in one of these modes you should not have to press the exposure button before you can change settings, you should be able to change settings immediately using the 4-way button.
agree.

12HT75 wrote:
Quote:
4. please please keep the wonderful 12x leica lens!
yup, thats the most unique thing in this cam. (i dont know if it is too much to ask but making it a 12x f2/2,8(or just f2, now im really dreaming) would be great, i would make use of it in many situations) it would even lower the noise problem in some situationswhen higher iso could be lowered,but that would probably be too expensive too.

12HT75 wrote:
Quote:
5. (optional) increase the LCD screen size to 2.5" like LC1
thator add a twistable screen(or whatever they call it) but dont get the size down!

12HT75 wrote:
Quote:
6. don't shrink it! My large hands have trouble holding smaller cameras.
no diference for me.
Frederico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 5:59 PM   #12

I'm afraid you can't have it both ways. That nice Leica x12 zoom would not cover the extra area of a larger sensor. The only possibility I see is to use the Foveon technology for the sensor.

parallel
parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 6:02 PM   #13

do the foveon thing really works?
Frederico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:16 PM   #14

Flip-out screen for taking pictures less obtrusively, for holding the camera above your head, and for use close to the ground, please.
commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:52 PM   #15

You just may be the only other person in the world (besides me), who would like a Foveon sensor in the FZ10.

parallel wrote:
Quote:
I'm afraid you can't have it both ways. That nice Leica x12 zoom would not cover the extra area of a larger sensor. The only possibility I see is to use the Foveon technology for the sensor.

parallel
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote