Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 27, 2004, 6:24 AM   #1

just want to get a feedback/suggestionsbefore buying this camera...

What do you think for this camera? (is the price is good enough to its quality, performance - specs)???

what would you recommend as its storage media (SD or MMC)?

If SD, what brand is the cheapest but same functionality compares to the other? (same with MMC..)

Any pros and cons???

any suggestions is highly appreciated.

blackdragonconqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 2:33 PM   #2

If you're looking for a good 4MP pocket DSC, the LC70 is a great deal. While it can use MMC cards, I seldom see these larger than 16 MB. Their read / write speed is much slower so many features will not operate as quickly as they would with SD.

You don't need, nor do I see any real advantage using "faster" 10MB SD cards. With still images, 2 MB transfer rate is adequate, so the popular brand cards will work just fine.

I believe that comments from other people who have seen or used this camera would be worth considering.

Thanks
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 4:20 PM   #3

Multimedia cards are available in sizes up to 512MB, but I would stay away from them because the data transfer rate is too slow. You're better off getting one of the fast SD cards (9MB/sec), otherwise you'll be waiting for the camera to dump it's buffer to the card. On the FZ10 the difference between a slow SD card (2MB/sec), and a fast card is about 10 seconds after 5 shots in burst mode. It may not sound like much if you've never had to wait, but it can seem like forever.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 10:02 PM   #4

thanks for the answer guys, appreciate it, another question is regarding the lens and the flash for this camera. the lens isLeica, which i heard that its good (is it true?) and the flash of this camera is powerfull compare to the other. what is the difference between the leica lens fof this camera compares to those other powerfull digital cameras, such as cannon, sonny, etc.

i quess to shorten my question, whats n this camera? considering the price (chossing cameras within the same range of price) what is the advantage (overall) of this comapares to other brabds.

thanks in advance
Old May 28, 2004, 2:36 AM   #5

Sorry I can't answer your question as to the quality of the camera as I've never shot with one, but as for Leica, they make some of the worlds best lenses, of course so do Carl-Zeiss (Sony) and Canon (L Series). So yes, Leica is a good lens.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 3:45 PM   #6

Leica makes the best optics in the world, although some others come close. The flash is a little weak, but so are alot of cameras (digital & film). The main thing with the FZ10 is you get capabilities (i.e. 12x zoom, Leica lens) that you can only duplicate with a DSLR and at least 2 lenses at 3 to 4 times the cost.

---------

adder
jjmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2004, 12:30 AM   #7

thanks guys for the answer, appreciate it a lot, i'll gonna buy this baby this week...