Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 29, 2004, 6:05 AM   #1

hey guys,gals if any.. I have been in a delima here lately on tring to decide which to get. everything i need is in these 2 cameras. either the FZ10 or S1. but I am really leaning more on the the FZ10. so what I am woundering is where is the best place to buy, that has a pretty decient deal online. that I don't have to worry about a grey market camera or ect.. your help and info, is very much appreciated,

thanks again,

chris
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2004, 10:17 AM   #2

Chris

I just purchased mine at Vanns.com who are in Montana. I ordered it Monday and it was here in California on Thursday. Have used them before and they are very good. Immediate confirmation of your order and a UPS tracking number by the next morning. They do not charge tax or shipping. I would recomend them and know there are many people on DPReview and the Yahoo FZ10 forums that have used them.

They do not sell gray market cameras.

Good luck with your purchase and have fun with the camera.

Wendy

WOtey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 3:23 PM   #3

Have to agree with vanns. I got mine at DirectVideo, and while they're not exactly dishonest I wouldn't recomend them. OneCall occasionally has a good sale price.

I was interested in the S1 when it was 1st anounced, but its missing a hot shoe or PC socket, & the images are overprossed. Turns green stuff (like grass) into a green plastic like muddle.

-----

adder
jjmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 10:30 PM   #4

hey,I really appreciate the info... I was really interested in the s1 at first , but it lacked a few items I wanted ,like in the FZ10.. I wish i had this camera back in october, when I took my daughter to Disney World. I spent 150.00 on 35 mm film to be processed, and that was with my wife's discount since she works in the pharmacy at walgreens...well I heading to vanns to place my order. Our family is heading to the beach in 3 weeks.

thanks again,

chris
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote