Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 31, 2004, 11:05 AM   #1

I know the 383 Sunpak will work (per other posts), but I have an old Sunpak auto26SR that appears to fit. It runs off of 4 "AA" batteries. Would this be appropriate? I'm totally a novice at all this and would hate to ruin the camera before I learn to use it properly (or after for that matter!) The flash would be used for indoor 'people' shots. I don't have any 'specs' on it (though I have sent an e-mail to SunPak) and I'm not even sure if it would be better than the built-in flash or not!

cjh Charlie
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2004, 1:16 PM   #2

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=flash+voltage
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2004, 10:25 PM   #3

EXCELLENT RESPONSE ! Thank you so much! I went to the www.botzilla.com site that was referenced. Exactly the information I needed to figure this all out and be safe! I've not done that yet, but will shortly. Again, thanks. As the caller from 'Mr Obvious' would say, "You're a life safer". (never mind. That's from a 'locally produced' radio morning show. :-)

cjh Charlie
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:09 AM   #4

Follow-up: The flash tested out between 5.7 and 5.8, so I'm reassured. Boy, I was shocked at how much more light this flash produces ! Now I've got to figure out what manual settings to use. Being a 'newbie' makes for a lot of learning with this camera! But I knew that going in.

Charlie