Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:56 AM   #11

PAISANO5 wrote:
Quote:
Now you are insinuating that my selection of large type is similar to using ┬*profanity AND BEING UNCIVIL.
Yes. I'm saying that directly. Your use of CAPS is uncivil, discourteous and rude. Several people have explained this and yet you persist.

You have also demonstrated here that you have the ability to write correctly, and yet choose not to. That's different to being ignorant, which can be forgiven.

Quote:
YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE NOT TOO CONVINCING FOP AN INDEPENDENT THINKER.
My arguments look good to me: If you want people to respect you, you treat them civilly. Pretty simple really.

I'm also not attacking you. I'm just trying to get you to be a bit more considerate of other forum users. If you count to ten before you reply maybe you will recognise that I'm not against you personally, nor disinterested in the information you have supplied. I just want you to use a different visual style, one that does not look like shouting.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 7:41 AM   #12

AGAIN YOU'VE MADE NO REFERNCE TO ANYTHING I HAVE SAID YOU TOTALLY IGNORE MY POINT OF VIEW AND GO ON BABBLING WHEN I CHALLENGE YOU YOU SIMPLY SAY YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT. YOU KEEP SAYING YOU ARE NOT ATTACKING ME BUT IN THE SAME BREATH YOU SAY I HAVE NO REGARD FOR OTHERS AND AGAIN YOU REPEAT I AM UNCIVILBECUASE I USE ALL CAPS THE LACK OF CIVILITY IS ALWAYS COMING FROM YOUR DIRECTION
IT NEVER OCCURS TO YOU THAT I HAVEE THE RIGHT TO USE ALL CAPS & IT IS IMMATURE & FOOLISH TO TAKE OFFENSE NOTHING IN MY EMAIL WAS OFFENSIVE

I T WAS ALL HELPFUL

YOU'VE TOLD ME OVER I OVER WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO WITH NO SUBSTIANAL REASON WITH NO PERSUASION. I REFUSE & HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO AND YOU STILL GO ON & ONABOUT SOME RULE THAT WAS MADE UP BY SOME PERSON YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO MAY HAVE NO CREDENTIALS AT ALL. WHAT DO YOU WISH TO ACCOMPLISH?

DO YOU SUFFER FROM PARANOIA? IF SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU RANT AND RAVE TO OBVIOUSLY NO AVAIL. HOW CAN YOU OBVIOUSLY GO ON ATTACKING SOMEONE PERONALLY & THINK IT IS ALRIGHT BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU'RE NOT DOING THAT YOU ARE BEING NICE GIMMEE ABREAK!!!!

READ WHAT YOU WROTE BELOW AGAIN & TRY TOBRING YOUR INTELLECT ALONG FOR THE RIDE. I MUST ADMIT YOU ARE COURAGEOUS YOU TAKE A GREAT RISK OF BEING THOUGHT OF AS A FOOL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. I'm saying that directly. Your use of CAPS is uncivil, discourteous and rude. Several people have explained this and yet you persist.

You have also demonstrated here that you have the ability to write correctly, and yet choose not to. That's different to being ignorant, which can be forgiven.

Quote:
YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE NOT TOO CONVINCING FOP AN INDEPENDENT THINKER.
My arguments look good to me: If you want people to respect you, you treat them civilly. Pretty simple really.

I'm also not attacking you. I'm just trying to get you to be a bit more considerate of other forum users. If you count to ten before you reply maybe you will recognise that I'm not against you personally, nor disinterested in the information you have supplied. I just want you to use a different visual style, one that does not look like shouting.

PAISANO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:33 AM   #13

Please fellow posters, you only encourage him (PAISANO5). I believe he does this purposefully and enjoys it; regardless of his original post intent. This is the second time posters have had discussion with him on this very subject.
If memory serves me correctly, the first time Steve got involved and chastised a couple of responders by pulling some of the replies and did not try to educate the instigator, (both of which IMHO were mistakes.)
I have looked around on this site for rules and have not found any, nor reference as to the etiquette of capitals usage on this site. This is somewhat distressing. (Is there something that can be given that is the opposite of "mana"??)
Just my 25¢. (2¢ adjusted for inflation and compensation.)This IS my "last word" on this subject.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:35 AM   #14

Well, there's not much more I can do about your incivility, Mr Paisano. Words are all I have to work with, and you aren't interested in their message. When you have a quiet moment, you may gain something by re-reading my messages without the assumption that I hold anything personal against you.

Sorry to everyone else who wasted their time reading this thread.

Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:11 PM   #15

....maybe he does fit in the groups I mentioned?! He does not seem to know the difference between large type and ALL CAPS!!

Thanks for the tip on the new products anyway.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:26 PM   #16

I'VE PARTNERED IN WRITING INSTRUCTION MANUALS & HAVE PERFORMED SEMINARS FOR THE AMERICAN MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION & OTHER PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES ON GRAPHIC DESIGN

YOU GUYS ARE REALLY JUDGMENTAL AND VERY PRESUMPTIOUS I'M SURE THAT'S REALLY HE;PFUL IN LEADING A SUCCESSFUL & HAPPY LIFE

LOU
Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:34 PM   #17

I GUESS HALF OF THIS MESSAGE IS YOU BEING DISCOURTEOUS & CONTEMPTU0S TO ME WITHOUT HAVING INFO ON WHAT I KNOW ABOUT TYPE. YOU DON'T TALK TO ME IN THIS SECTION LIKE A GENTLEMAN WOULD BUT TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE

ABOUT ME

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe he does fit in the groups I mentioned?! He does not seem to know the difference between large type and ALL CAPS!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN SECTION 2 I GET A HALF HEARTED THANK YOU AS INDICATED BY THE WORD "ANYWAY" LIKE THE MESSAGE LOST IT'S VALUE & IMPORTANCE BECUASE IT'S IN ALL CAPS

GET A LOAD OF GUYS!

Thanks for the tip on the new products anyway.

Jim
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:37 AM   #18

PAISANO5 wrote:
Quote:
I'VE PARTNERED IN WRITING┬* INSTRUCTION MANUALS & HAVE PERFORMED SEMINARS FOR THE AMERICAN MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION & OTHER PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES ON GRAPHIC DESIGN
I'm certain now that you are just trolling us, but I'll entertain you for just a moment longer.

If you have done the things you claim then you know that your continuing use of CAPS is deliberately provocative and would not be tolerated in any sort of instruction manual, and so should not be tolerated here.

If you have not done these things then you are a liar.

Neither of these options is particularly pleasant, but there are no more options than that.

Quote:
YOU GUYS ARE REALLY JUDGMENTAL AND VERY PRESUMPTIOUS┬* I'M SURE THAT'S REALLY HE;PFUL IN LEADING A SUCCESSFUL & HAPPY LIFE
Your insults have become a little repetitive. I lead a successful and happy life by treating everyone with respect, as you should do also.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:51 AM   #19

you just called me a liar
"If you have not done these things then you are a liar".

& then you go onto say:

I lead a successful and happy life by treating everyone with respect,

How ridiculous. your behavior never matches your words

you call me a provovator?

I am not the provacotor i planed to have no dialog but just to input some useful information to the group you are the one provocing argument by injsisint that i do it your way.. I had the best intentions to be of service & you twisted it into a control scenario.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 4:46 AM   #20

PAISANO5 wrote:
Quote:
you just called me a liar
"If you have not done these things then you are a liar"
Only if you didn't work on instruction manuals like you claim. It's conditional, just to emphasise the consequences of your claims.

Quote:
& then you go onto say:

I lead a successful and happy life by treating everyone with respect,

How ridiculous.┬* your behavior never matches your words
It's always my aim to treat everyone respectfully. Written words don't always work that well, of course, as they lack the proper emphasis that spoken words have.

I'm also much happier when I see you refrain from using your previous upper-case only style.

Quote:
you call me a provovator?
Well, yes, I did call you a troll. Maybe you aren't a troll after all. If so, I apologise.

Hmm. Maybe we can give this topic a rest now. I'd much rather talk about the quality of enlargements from my FZ10. When I get a chance, I'll post about some I've recently had done professionally that turned out rather well.