Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:13 AM   #1

SPOKE TO PETE AT PERMEAAL WHO SAID HE IS COMING OUT WITH SOME NEW PRODUCTS NEXT MONTH. THE ONE I AM WAITING FOR IS THE NEW 55MM ADAPTER.

I HAVE SKYLIGHT & POLARIZER FILTERS ON MY NIKON 35MM WHICH I WOULD ALSO LIKE TOO USE WITH MY FZ10.

WITH THE NEW PRODUCT PETE SAID I CAN USE THESE WITHOUT ANY RINGS DIRECTLY ON MY FZ10, INSTEAD OF ADDING RINGS TO THE 63MMTO GO TO 55MM.

IT'S A VERY GOOD AND EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE TALKING WITH PETE, NICE TO HAVE HIM TELL ME TO WAIT & GET THE LESS EXPENSIVE & MORE STREAMLINED SOLUTION.

LOU
PAISANO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:45 AM   #2

Don't take this too hard, but you've just got to leave off with that ALL CAPS thing. I've seen you post readably before so I know you can do it. Why shout all the time?

PS It's good news to hear about more choice in FZ10 add-ons.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2004, 3:24 AM   #3

DON'T TAKE THIS TOO HARD I'M NOT SHOUTING I'M JUST NOT USING ULC.

IF I AM DOING SOMEBODY A FAVOR BY BEING INFORMATIVE DO I HAVE TO COMMUNICATE IT THEIR WAY?

LOU
Old Jun 7, 2004, 6:06 PM   #4

Paisono, no one said "no thanks" for the info. In fact, he was very gracious and did thank you.

We do appreciate it (in fact, I just bought my Pemaraal, so I wrote them and asked whether an exchange would be an option). However, it really is harder to read all caps. If it can't be helped, that's ok, but if it can, it's just accepted practice to use regular case, for legibility (besides the inferrence of yelling when reading all caps).

Again, thanks for the info.
cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2004, 6:24 PM   #5

YOU'VE GOT TO GET PAST THIS MAYBE I AM NOT YELLING.

IF I WERE YOU WOULD KNOW BY MY WORDS NOT BY MY TYPE FONT

LOU
Old Jun 8, 2004, 3:57 PM   #6

Lou: Only rappers, skinheads and rednecks type in all caps..most of them do not understand the shift/caps lock keys. You don't seem to fit in aforementioned group - don't type like it. It's rude.

Use larger type if you need to hear yourself better.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 4:27 PM   #7

THAT IS VERY PRESUMPTUOUS & INTOLERANT OF YOU

ANYONE WHO DOESN'T DO THINGS YOUR WAY MUST BE REPRIMANDED & DISRESPECTED?

I GUESS YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND "IF I WERE SHOUTING YOU'DE KNOW IT MY MY WORDS"

WHY DO YOU BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS NONSENSE I WONDER WHAT ELSE BOTHERS YOU IN LIFE - A LOT I GUESS

THESE ARE MY LAST WORDS IN THE MATTER

LOU
Old Jun 9, 2004, 12:29 AM   #8

PAISANO5 wrote:
Quote:
THAT IS VERY PRESUMPTUOUS & INTOLERANT OF YOU

ANYONE WHO DOESN'T DO THINGS YOUR WAY MUST BE REPRIMANDED & DISRESPECTED?
I'll have another go.

There are many ways that information can be communicated. There is always a choice of different words to use and styles of presentation. Some show you are sensitive to your audience, and some show that you are not.

Your use of block letters shows you are not sensitive to your audience in this forum. This can make people uncomfortable. Is that clear now?

Quote:
I GUESS YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND "IF I WERE SHOUTING YOU'DE KNOW IT MY MY WORDS"
The convention on the internet is that CAPS equals SHOUTING. Now that you are aware of this, do you still choose to shout at us?

Quote:
WHY DO YOU BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS NONSENSE¬* I WONDER WHAT ELSE BOTHERS YOU IN LIFE - A LOT I GUESS
I am bothered by swear words too. If I reprimanded you for swearing, which is just words after all and not physical blows, would you be wondering why I was spending my time doing so? I hope you know why being civil is important.

Quote:
THESE ARE MY LAST WORDS IN THE MATTER
I suppose this is pretty dull for most people. Still, it's worth a try.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:10 AM   #9

Now you are insinuating that my selection of large type is similar to using profanity AND BEING UNCIVIL.

YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE NOT TOO CONVINCING FOP AN INDEPENDENT THINKER.

GIMMEE A BREAK YOUR LOGIC IS IMPECKERABLE

I am bothered by swear words too. If I reprimanded you for swearing, which is just words after all and not physical blows, would you be wondering why I was spending my time doing so? I hope you know why being civil is important
Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:18 AM   #10

DO YOU REALIZE MY INTENTIONS WERE TO BE OF SERVICE & TO PROVIDE SOME INFO ON A NEW PRODUCT THAT COULD BE USEFUL. YOU FORGET ABOUT THIS ASPECT OF ME & GO ON AND ON AND ON DISRESPECTING ME BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO USE LARGE TYPE RIDICULOUS, FOOLISH AND VERY UNFAIR.

I SEE KNOW CIVILITY OR GENTLEMANLENESS IN THIS BEHAVIOR OR THINKING

IN MY RETORTS I MAKE REFERENCE TO WHAT YOU SAY. YOU IN TURN REPLY WITHOUT ACKNOWLEDGING ANY OF MY ARGUMENTS & GO ON & ON USING THE SAME INEFFECTUAL ARGUMENTS.

YOU ALSO DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS NOT REALLY NECESSARY FOR ME TO DEFEND MYSELF BUT THAT YOU ARE TAKING ON THE TASK OF CONVINCING ME AND YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INEFFECTUAL

I CONTINUE ON ONLY FOR THE SPORT OF IT. THAT IS SO UNFAIR OF ME INTELLECTUALLY. YOU MAKE LAUGH