Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 8, 2004, 4:19 AM   #1

i just read on a spanish forum that the first fz10´s sold in the states are not as good as the recent ones because now the firmware has been improved to get rid of some of the bugs. is this true??? i bought mine online in november 2003. are there any updates??? is the firmware of the first ones really different? how can i find out the firmware that my camera has?

andré
callas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2004, 7:54 AM   #2

1. There has to be a picture on the card, to be viewed.
2. Display has to be set on the LCD mode which shows information (ISO, etc)
3. Play mode on (turn wheel/dial to `Play' green arrow)
4. Hold down `Burst' button {just to the right of the `wheel' above, or just behind the shutter release button}
5. Press down `Review/Set' {the 'bottom' option of the `four way button', just to the right of the LCD display}
My firmware version is:
VER 1.05.000D
FZ10: 0094
SUB VER 1.000.0409
11.06 10:28
To turn off the firmware version display, just press the `Burst' and `Review/Set' buttons together again.
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 5:28 PM   #3
BB

I have tried this "view firmware versin" procedure several times and it does not work on my FZ10! My FZ10 was bought from vaans.com only a couple weeks ago right after they got the black ones back in stock, so I would assume it's a very recent version.

Looks to me like Panasonic has removed this feature from the newer firmware. I find it really frustrating how they are so secretive and protective of all this stuff.
BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:11 PM   #4

That's correct, the newer cameras don't support the "two button" feature however the EXIF does show the top-level firmware version, (and perhaps the sub-version somewhere).

BB wrote:
Quote:
I have tried this "view firmware versin" procedure several times and it does not work on my FZ10! My FZ10 was bought from vaans.com only a couple weeks ago right after they got the black ones back in stock, so I would assume it's a very recent version.

Looks to me like Panasonic has removed this feature from the newer firmware. I find it really frustrating how they are so secretive and protective of all this stuff.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote