Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:00 PM   #1

I simply cannot find any retailer locally that carries the FZ 10. I even checked the Panasonic web site but even though the camera was listed as being available at four local stores including Ritz camera and Staples, they told me over the phone that they either no longer carry the brand or that the camera was no longer available. When I checked a number of camera stores they all stated that they do not carry Panasonic. Why is Panasonic so unavailable? I won't purchase a camera that I cannot hold, first to see if I like its feel, so I guess I am going to have to look at other brands. Does anyone know where I might find an FZ 10 and why they are so hard to find, in the first place. TIA
jrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:56 PM   #2

I just recieved mine from www.vanns.com you can not go wrong with them. I bought it last monday and it was at my house friday. I love this camera. I as able to check it out at our mall here in knoxville,tn. at WOLF camera (aka) ritz camera. 599.99, I bought it for 499.99w/ free shipping . I saved 155.00 . It feels very comfy to me, but every one is different. but if your wanting a awesome camera without paying for a slr $$$$$. this is it. the only other i would concider is the canon s1, that is what I was looking at.. but if you live in a area that only has like bestbuy,circuit city ,ect you won't find it. you have to go to a more professional camera shop.
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:19 AM   #3

I looked all over town for one because with cameras Iprefer a local brick and mortor store.Isearched all over Sat and had given up. I decided I wouldput in a web order that night but then changed my mind wanting to wait till Monday to make sure wherever I ordered it from actaully had it'in stock' (hate when I order off the web only to get an email an hour later saying backordered).

Anyway, I get up Sunday and am going through all the ads and low and behold I come across the camera (and black none the less) at "American". A midwest chain of big furniture and electronics stores.I know I didn't get the best deal paying MSRP but I did get a 3 year in-store service plan for $30...which I thought was remarkably good compared to Best Buy's service plan.

So far I am loving it although I am a bit overwhelmed by all the settings -- not that I don't love all the controls including Manual Focus which unlike by Canon S30 is not a little uncontrollable button.
Lnin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 1:22 PM   #4

Seems all the places I am calling online are out of stock as well...odd
Adam20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:45 PM   #5
VC

I just picked mine up a couple days ago at Galaxy Camera in Ottawa, ON. They still had a few left too.
VC is offline   Reply With Quote