Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 24, 2004, 6:50 AM   #11

lightning69 wrote:
Quote:
check out original picture of the rainbow image on the link below.* It is taken on ISO100 and the niose is so bad!!!* Is that a usual thing for a camera under ISO100?
That picture has been post-processed in some way. I know this because of the dimensions (2400x3200) and because no picture I've ever taken on my FZ10 has been anywhere near 2816373 bytes.

My guess is that it was very dark originally and has been substantially brightened, revealing the noise. Also, the magnification probably affected it too.

You can't judge the camera on such an image.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:26 PM   #12

Ok. Thank you
lightning69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 12:10 PM   #13

There are some photos on that page that are taken ar between 50 and 400. Not many granted..
Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 1:54 PM   #14

Have a look a my rapter gallery under animals, http://heather2.smugmug.com/gallery/163628. All of these pictures were taken at ISO 400, under very poor lighting conditions. They were loaded with grain. I have an 8X10 I printed at home with the trainer and the R.Hawk and I really like it. Yes ISO 400 has grain but I use it when I have to get the picture and the conditions prohibit the use of the flash. The birds would not have liked it!
SoOregon is offline   Reply With Quote