Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 1, 2004, 4:25 PM   #41

Bottom line:

The FZ10is a great camera for photography enthusiastsbut is not the worlds best point-and-shooter.I wouldn't buy one for my mother.

Klaas Bloem
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 5:00 AM   #42

true... :lol:
dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 1:08 PM   #43

I just wanted to add that I bought a FZ10 a couple of weeks back and so far shooting in mainly "point and shoot" mode I have been more than happy with the results.

Here's some samples.

http://www.wilkesworld.co.uk/photo_galleries.htm

These are all unprocessed, just resized, apart from some cropping and one that was adjusted for perspective.

And one night picture that was shot in shutter priority, and the ISO fixed at 50. Apart from that all in P.

No low light shots posted here , however I have had no problems with low light yet.
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:38 PM   #44

that night shot looks great. i immediatly knew where you were from playing grand tourismo. I am looking at buying an fz10 in canada and am looking to see all the bad comments before i buy such an expensive object. but from the 3 pictures i took in the store and from what ive seen people do i would say that it is a good camera and does have a learning curve. My question is would my wife beable to P&s it while i improve my photography skills and grow into the full feature set this camera offers
ramkitty is offline   Reply With Quote