Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 2, 2004, 3:18 AM   #1

I am confused about the capabiliy of the Fz10 to shoot infrared pictures.
On this websiteit says that it can NOT!http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/node117.html

In a message of the german forum (http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de...0uni-berlin.de) someone checked the infrared filter with an infrared remote control and found that the FZ10 saw the emitting light - meaning YES.

So, did anyone take infrared picture with the FZ10 yet to proof YES or NO?
vrummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2004, 9:41 AM   #2

I was looking into this myself because I currently own a FZ1 which can do IR shots (not with anything much darker than a Hoya R72, but it can do it), but time and time again I had FZ10 owners post responses to my messages that they were NOT getting good IR shots. These were responses from people who previously owned a FZ1 and taken IR shots with an R72 filter, tried it on their new FZ10, and the results were nowhere close to what you can get with the FZ1. This is a bit of a stumbling block for upgrading for me because I really like my IR photography hobby and wouldn't be able to continue it with a FZ10 (unless I used the PhotoShop "cheat").
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:55 PM   #3

Vrummm..

"someone checked the infrared filter with an infrared remote control and found that the FZ10 saw the emitting light - meaning YES."

I've read a similar story myself, and tried the 'remote' test and the FZ10 can see the infrared light in it so I've gone and ordered the Hoya 72! lets just hope it works ....

Stephen

bramm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:06 PM   #4

bramm wrote:
Quote:
Vrummm..

"someone checked the infrared filter with an infrared remote control and found that the FZ10 saw the emitting light - meaning YES."

I've read a similar story myself, and tried the 'remote' test and the FZ10 can see the infrared light in it so I've gone and ordered the Hoya 72! lets just hope it works ....

Stephen

The FZ10 has a effective IR blocking filter in it's lens system but maybe with long exposure on a tripod you will get some decent results. Let us know!

Klaas
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote