Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 3, 2004, 3:25 PM   #1

I am just woundering, would the FZ10 be able to handle a wedding dinner shoot?? If so is there any particular lens or equipment I need? and is there any setting I need to particula pay attention to??

Its a family event but still I dont want to screw it up...so any help would be great thanks

tonedeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:03 PM   #2

tonedeaf wrote:
Quote:
I am just woundering, would the FZ10 be able to handle a wedding dinner shoot?? If so is there any particular lens or equipment I need? and is there any setting I need to particula pay attention to??

Its a family event but still I dont want to screw it up...so any help would be great thanks

It all depends on the amount of light in the room, if sufficient you can use the FZ10 without flash (use manual white balance on a white wall/object or use a piece of printer paper). To be on the safe side I would take an external flash with me in case there isn't enough light. The on-board flash is to week for this kind of work.

Klaas Bloem
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:23 PM   #3
BB

I would recommend you purchase a powerful external flash such as the Sunpak 383. Then practice with it for several days before the wedding dinner shoot. I use this setup with my FZ-10 and get consistantly great indoor shots in dim lighting conditions.

You can get a 383 on e-bay for less than $50. So it's not a very big investment, and will likely make the difference between getting dark blurry shots vs. great ones. At least that's been my experience.
BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:40 AM   #4
VC

I'm going to echo what has already been said - be sure to manual white balance, and bring along an external flash, just in case. I purchased the Sunpak 383 recently, and though I am still learning with it, I've found great results so far. Depending on ceiling height, the bounce ability of the flash could be advantageous as well.

VC
VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:34 PM   #5

thanks fro everyone's input...I am picking up the tips...another question, do u guys think a wide angle would help like covering the crowd and that, casue its going to be 100 people attening so maybe a wide angle would help??

Also how big a photo size can I develop using the FZ10?? I know its a 4M cam but with a high quality lens would it help??

Thanks again
tonedeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 2:10 PM   #6

have you guys experienced this ?

Finally, with some flashes you will not be able to use the flash at full power (Vivitar 285HV, Sunpak 383), since those flashes are geared towards f/2 lenses, and the FZ-10 only has a f/2.8 lens. You would still be able to use the flash at a medium power range.

Reply post i found from dp review from Michael Meissner

hXXp://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=9260641

as i need a flash for a wedding too, more concerned about a dull day and using fill in flash..but after dinner pics will be vital too !

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote