Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:28 PM   #1

Hi guys, I've been reading the forum for quite long time and now I'm the one who opens the topic. Greetings to all.

It seems that I'm misunderstanding something about exposure compensation in auto (P) mode when taking indoors pictures with flash.

I'm a new FZ-10 user, I've used C3020 and C4000 from Olympus for 2 last years. When I'm shooting indoors pictures with flash it seems that manipulating exposure compensation to make picture brighter/darker doesn't change nothing or almost nothing (yes, the shutter speed changes, but the effect on the outgoing picture is still almost the same). Even more altering the flash power settings doesn't change the things drastically (at least it doesn't do this the way it would satisfy my needs). There was no such problem with my old Olympus cameras. Am I missing something? Could any other FZ-10 owner take a few shots with his/her FZ-10 and check if manipulating exposure compensation changes anything in the P mode when using flash? (flash operating inauto or forced mode, not slow)

I am attaching the composition of three pictures I took for test purposes.

Greetings
Attached Images

madgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2004, 4:11 AM   #2

hello! anyone? can any FZ-10 user make some simlar test shots and confirm or reject that his camera acts similar way? please...
Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:46 AM   #3

The duration of the flash is shorter than 1/1000 of a second so changing the shutter speed will only influence the amount of ambient light in your picture, not the exposureby the flash. You can however set the flash output of the on-board flash, press the upper of the 4-way button 4 times to set it.

Klaas
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:49 AM   #4

Hello Klaas, thx for your reply.

As I written above: "Even more: altering the flash power settings doesn't change the things drastically (at least it doesn't do this the way it would satisfy my needs). " So I did try changing the power of the flash but things didn't change the way I wanted. Is this behaviour normal?

Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:03 AM   #5

I don't know, always use my external flash.....

You cantry aperture priority I think.
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote