Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:30 AM   #1

Lately my FZ10 tends to slow down when used in manual mode, things like scrolling through the menu, focussing andshutter lag slow down to a point where the camera becomes useless (shutter lag of several seconds while pre focussed using manual focus). The only solution is to restart the camera, but even the power switch didn't respond anymore in 2 cases yesterdayso I had to remove the battery to shut the camera down. After restarting the problems soon start again...

Is this a known problem (it only happens in manual mode)? It seems a software problem to me, can I fix it in any way?

I don't want to miss my FZ10 for several weeks for repairin the summer but using P&S modes are not an attractive alternative for me either..... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Klaas Bloem
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:26 PM   #2

Hi Klaas, did you try using the Reset function from the tools menu?
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:47 PM   #3

Yes I did Guerito, but it didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Klaas
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:22 AM   #4

Drat! I hope you get it going without having to part with it Klaas.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 8:14 AM   #5

Klass,

The symptoms are especially strangesnice you say you are in manual mode. Shutter lag is in part tied to auto focus. In manual mode the time associated with AF is removed so it's exactly opposite from what I'd expect to hear. I've not heard of this problem, but I can only comment on the U.S. market. THe best thing is to have Panasonic in your part of the world look at it.

If it's only a service issue I would not worry or over react. Afterall, we are not talking about a terminal condition. I"m sure they will take care of it.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 8:59 PM   #6

Panasonic wrote:
Quote:
Klass,

The symptoms are especially strangesnice you say you are in manual mode. Shutter lag is in part tied to auto focus. In manual mode the time associated with AF is removed so it's exactly opposite from what I'd expect to hear. I've not heard of this problem, but I can only comment on the U.S. market. THe best thing is to have Panasonic in your part of the world look at it.

If it's only a service issue I would not worry or over react. Afterall, we are not talking about a terminal condition. I"m sure they will take care of it.
Bob,

It's not just shutter lag, the whole camera slows down to a point where it becomes completely inoperable.

I'm glad it's not a common FZ10 problem although I found others with comparable problems:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9163927

I will try to struggle through summer and after that turn it in for repair.