Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:17 AM   #1

I have my fz10 a just for a day and already have a question. I toke some horizontalpictures, which I afterward rotated in the camera to a vertical position.

It seems allright I saw the pictures vertical on the LCD.I placed the card in the PC and got the pictures again horizontal, I rotated them on the PC. No problem.

Putting back de card in the camera the rotated pictures were not longer visible on the lcd, only a interupted line and the number of the picture appear.

Connected to the TV also those particular pictures don't appear either. The pictures are still on the card and visible on the pc. What happened? What did I do wrong?
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2004, 8:15 AM   #2

Gerard wrote:
Quote:
It seems allright I saw the pictures vertical on the LCD.I placed the card in the PC and got the pictures again horizontal, I rotated them on the PC. No problem.

Putting back de card in the camera the rotated pictures were not longer visible on the lcd, only a interupted line and the number of the picture appear.

OK, The key to the mystery is the last sentence in the first paragraph... "I rotated them in the PC"

Since the file was modified and written to the card by the PC, in most cases you won't be able to read it with the camera once files have been modified using the PC. Aside from not being able to see the photo using the camera, I've seen cases where photos taken from that point on may not always display properly. Fear not, it's easy to correct.

Save all your photos and format the SD card. That simple.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 9:15 AM   #3

Thanks for your quick reply, before I make another mistake I would like to know if I understand you correctly.

Do I save the pictures on the pc, format the card and write the pictures again on the card? Will the rotated pictures than stayrotated on the card and show up on the lcd and tv?

Can I prevent this to happen again, by locking the card?

Thank you, greetings.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 12:19 PM   #4

No, your camera often can't read (show) pictures modified by software on your PC and written back to the card.

Format your card in the camera using the "format" menu option when in play-back mode.

Klaas
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 4:56 AM   #5

Hello Klaas,

I did sent you some private posts, but didn't get any reply, don't you read them?

I tried to order an adapter etc.from Phayhee by Ebay, but it showed : 0 available.

When I askedPhayee aboutthis they told me they still sell them (This was accompied by a warning of Ebay about selling directly).

Apparantly you bought your adapter by Ebay, or not? Would you trust Phayee in this?

Have you bought the offered battery or better not, because if it damages the camerait costs more.

Please read the other "private" messages. (not so private but some in Dutch, so not readable for most of the forum members)

All the best

Gerard