Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 9, 2004, 5:57 PM   #1

Why hasn't Panasonic released the the LTZ10 tele lens for distribution in the USA? Last April, I ordered this lens for my FZ-10 from Ritz Camera when the salesman said they expected delivery by the second week of May. Apparently they still have not received stock of these lenses for delivery. At the time, I also spoke with a gentleman at Panasonic USA who said a few units had been quickly sold in February but that none were currently available. What in the world could be the problem? Is this lens to be discontinued along with the FZ-10?

I bought the FZ-10 with the expectation of using the Pana tele lens for long reaches to small subjects, as in the photo below....

Hummer
Attached Images

Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2004, 6:08 PM   #2

Hummer wrote:
Quote:
I bought the FZ-10 with the expectation of using the Pana tele lens for long reaches to small subjects, as in the photo below....

Hummer
I bought the FZ10 for the exact same reason as you did and I also wait for the delivery of my LTZ10 tele conversion lens. And as you did, while waiting for the conversion lens, I also shot hummingbirds with the regular 12X zoom like the one shown below (shot at approximately 7 ft).

The problem with very small birds like these is that the tele conversion lens will impose a minimum focusing distance of 15 feet. So I feel that the only thing that will change when we will have the lens is that we will have to back off a little; but the small bird will not be bigger in the frame.

Conclusion: the conversion lens will be useful mainly for birds of a reasonable size and targeted at a reasonable distance!

My bird pictures are at

www.digiscoping.ca

Regards,

Yves Leduc
Canada

jayledy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 8:10 PM   #3

jayledy wrote:
Quote:
The problem with very small birds like these is that the tele conversion lens will impose a minimum focusing distance of 15 feet. So I feel that the only thing that will change when we will have the lens is that we will have to back off a little; but the small bird will not be bigger in the frame.

You are right Yves, this page explains it all: http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...ocus-Dist.html

There are other good tele converters on the market which can be used with a tele adapter like the Pemaraal: http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html

Klaas Bloem
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 8:54 PM   #4

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ecamerafilms/padmtele.html
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote