Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:22 AM   #1

should be fx-5
sorry
dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:21 AM   #2

I'm looking at these two, but for something other than a backup. I like to have ALL my stuff for my FZ1v2 with me at all times, and surprisingly, it's starting to get bulky. Even though I still carry it all the time, I'm thinking that something that I can stick in my pocket sould be nice.

Spec-wise, the Pentax is smaller and lighter, though the size difference is not too relavent to me. The jpeg compression seems to be greater in the FX5 -- probably @ the same as the FZ10 yielding @1.5mb files, while the 4i in super fine looks like @3mb files (I've been pretty satisfied with the level of compression that I've seen in the FZ's so I'm not really concerned here either).

The FX has considerably better burst capability -- something I've grown to use and love -- and the kicker is OIS, whichhas spoiled me -- I don't know if Icould play as well without this crutch.

Call me crazy, but I think that I'm going to go with the FX5, but I'm gonna wait until the 7/20 announcement to become official before I commit.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:14 AM   #3

thx for the suggestions

i'll prolly postpone until the new ones come out
hopefully the new ones are better
Old Jul 16, 2004, 7:45 PM   #4

I can't speak for the FX-5, but I have the 3MP Optio S and love it. It's a great camera that takes great pictures. It has a ton of features including support for an IR remote control which I have used for the good macro capabilities of the camera. I keep it in my pocket in an Altoids tin and always forget it's there because it's so small.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 10:01 PM   #5

thx for the insight
i'll get optio s4i for a friend and wait for the new fx-7 if it's not too expensive :P