Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 30, 2004, 4:19 AM   #11

playlong wrote:
Quote:
I went to the manufacturer today August 27. I will be making a first batch of 80 pieces 65 in anodized black and 25 in anodized silver.
That is good news about the "Fluzbar" keep us all posted on how to order.

I thoroughly enjoyed the images posted on DPReview of your trip to Israel.

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:11 AM   #12

Thanks for the update, Playlong. Unless you're planning to go into major production, the best bet would be to use something like PayPal, I've seen simple webpages set-up with just a series of icons to add each item to a PayPal shopping basket. I think you can add a default S&H, but my guess would be you're going to get orders from all over the place and would make it easier to simply have a series of buttons for general areas, i.e. North America, Europe, Australia, etc., though that might make things a bit awkward if you start selling multiple items with differing S&H costs. Here's one site as an example: http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/no...ff/hpstore.htm
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 5:32 AM   #13

I found this for the nodal point location

Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 7:20 PM   #14

Hi Gerrard,

Thank you so much for the information, I did not get an answer from Panasonic and was going to guess 2X at the seam between the barrel and the camera body. Would you settle for a 2x and 3x mount? The 1X position would be suspended in air without any body support. The plate would protrude about 6.5mm past he camera barrel's male threads. Besides the aesthetics, I am concerned about a lever effect. If I got a strong enough demand, I would make up a bar that would screw into the 2X and 3X positions with tripod screws and protrude out to the 1X position. Just listen to me go on I have not sold one piece yet.

You may also be interested in knowing that I have designed a FluzAdapt. The adapter will fit the FZ10, FZ15 and FZ20 and will accommodate all accessory hardware of 62mm 58mm 55mm and 45mm dimensions. All lenses will reach the same depth as if installed in a lens size specific adapter. I plan to sell the adapter as a kit with installation tool. The picture shows both bar and adapter in prototype form.

Jerry

Gerard wrote:

I found this for the nodal point location

Attached Images

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 8:34 AM   #15

Hey Jerry,

As I'm not familiar with panoramic photography (yet) you can not expect an expert advice from me. I just foundthis by chance and kept it for future use.

Maybe a separate "sledge" only for panoramic use?

On the internet is a lot of information about "nodal point" this willserve you sufficient I guess.

Good luck,

Gerard
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote