Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:36 AM   #1

I am developing a support bar that connects to the FZ10 using the tripod socket. The goals of my design are: move the weight distribution toward the camera body; allow access to the battery compartment at all times on and off the tripod; support the lens collar when lens weight is added and create a new tripod mount just behind the focus ring. I went from idea to a rough aluminum-working prototype in 48 hours and expect to have a finished piece in two weeks. I do not know production costs but I am guessing a selling price of $19.00 including shipping. Is anyone interested in buying a unit?
Attached Images

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:31 AM   #2

I would be interested in your support bar but would like to see an image of it showing the location of the tripod socket and how the support bar looks fitted to the base of the FZ10.

The approximate selling price of $19 including shipping is I assume for the American market! Dont forget this forum is international. :-)

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 10:57 AM   #3

That is a good point. The plate in its current form, weighs 64.7 grams or 2 oz. You can use a base of $17.00US to make the calculation does that help? I am taking it on a field trail, to the Middle East, and will have more information upon my return.

That is a good point. The plate in its current form, weighs 64.7 grams or 2 oz. You can use a base of $17.00US to make the calculation does that help? I am taking it on a field trail, to the Middle East, and will have more information upon my return.
Attached Images

Old Jul 17, 2004, 10:48 PM   #4

That's a great idea, wonder Panasonic didn't think of it?

Have you though about a second mount point for panorama's? I assume the point needs to be further back somewhere in line with the CCD, or do you think the lens error would not be that much if you use your current position.

StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 11:18 PM   #5

I would be interested if you had it in black. How about a bottom view pix?
FuZzy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 2:22 AM   #6

if you could findout where the optical center was...i think you made something very intersting...i would like one very much.
tuwalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 9:22 AM   #7

Thank you for your interest and suggestions in the FluzBar. I have contacted Panasonic to find out if they can describe where the optical center in located. The unit will also be available in black. This is a prototype and I am not interested in showing a scared up underside to the public. Rest assured that the finished designed will be photographed from every angle. I may have to make a separate model for the FZ15 and FZ20.

Jerry
Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:40 PM   #8

Nice idea, let us know when you're ready to start producing them, there's a very good chance I'll buy one off you. Been using my FZ10 with a monopod and it's a right pain when you need to swap batteries or SD card.
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 9:29 AM   #9

Playlong, did you ever get around to making a final version of this fluzbar? If you've got a black/anodized one available to sell I would be very interested.

Edit: Apologies, seen from your Israel posts that you're not long back from the trip you were talking about, when I last visited the forum. I'd kind of assumed you'd have been gone and been back for a while by now. Sorry!
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 7:08 PM   #10

I went to the manufacturer today August 27. I will be making a first batch of 80 pieces 65 in anodized black and 25 in anodized silver. He can produce the run given 2 weeks lead-time. I was dead wrong about the costs. It looks like the selling price will be $31.00 plus shipping and handling. Now I need to set up a selling mechanism and fast. I also designed and made a 62mm esthetic and strong lens aluminum adapter. I do not believe in taking peoples money for those puny non-functional integrated lens hoods. I plan to produce and sell them soon. The next item on the drawing board can be used with all cameras. It is a gun stock design, which will allow you to position the camera in a comfortable viewing position with the stock pressing into your shoulder.