Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 20, 2004, 3:32 PM   #1

not bad pricing wise...

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...mp;cont_id=716
dakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2004, 3:41 PM   #2

LC-80

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...mp;cont_id=717

FX-7

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...mp;cont_id=718

Fact Sheet (MEGA OIS):

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...mp;cont_id=719

dakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 4:11 PM   #3

It figures.... I buy the FZ10 last month, and now at the end of summer the FZ20 wil be released,for the exact same price.... anyone know if you can I can send my fz10 back to panasonic . for the new fz20 ????
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 4:17 PM   #4

Depending on where you bought it, and when, you may still be in a return period. I have a friend who would love to buy mine at a discount, but I'm not sure the FZ15 warrants me doing that. I need more details.

As I see it, the improvements are continuous burst (which does sound mighty cool) and improved OIS.
cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 4:52 PM   #5

As long as the new FZ20 doesnt does RAW...i'm keeping my 3 week old FZ10...if it does...think Fluzi gonna have a little brother......and maybe we can get a firmware upgrade..
tuwalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:12 PM   #6

florida1 wrote:
Quote:
It figures.... I buy the FZ10 last month, and now at the end of summer the FZ20 wil be released,for the exact same price.... anyone know if you can I can send my fz10 back to panasonic . for the new fz20 ????
I returned mine yesterday back to Butterfly Photo and took the 10% restocking fee lost. I got mine last week and read about the new release within 10 days. I was soworry that my new FZ10 would becomean old model less than10 days.Therefore, I called the customer service dept and ask them the return policy which I can have14 days from the day I was receivced, but I have to take the 10% re-stocking fee lost.

Please do ask the store where you bought it from to see if you can return for cash refund, or for store credit, or even re-stocking fee. When all things failed, I would keep the FZ10, becasue it is a great camera. And if you really wanted the FZ20 so bad, just buy it and keep the FZ10 as your backup.

Good Luck to you :-)

CheapPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 6:32 PM   #7

http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/22/70.htm

and FZ20 has TIFF

tuwalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 8:21 PM   #8

I really love my fz10 don't get me wrong. it is just that with this awesome camera, the fz20 will have everything that the fz10 has with a few extras. since more than likely, they won't have a firmware upgrade for the fz10. but you never know... I am just saying that it never fails that when I get something new, the next best thing is out the next month...darn technology....
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 8:54 PM   #9

I don't understand you people. Even if I had bought my FZ10 yesterday I would not be returning it. Certainly I would not want to pay 10% for the privilege.

I am using my FZ10 now whereas these new models won't be here for months. What are you going to take photos with in the meantime?

The new models don't even sound like much of an improvement to me, especially as the FZ20's sensor has another 1M pixels crammed into the same space as the FZ10's sensor. What do they do about the increased image noise? There's a good chance that images from the FZ20 will be worse than those of a FZ10.

Technology is always marching on, but I have my bird in the hand, where I can use it. I don't want to be endlessly waiting for the perfect product which never arrives.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 8:57 PM   #10

tuwalen wrote:
I guess that's why Panasonic Bob was asking. I wonder if he won the bet? If it had RAW, I'd be all over the FZ20. Think I'll just stick with the FZ10 for now and maybe get an Pro1 later.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote