Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 22, 2004, 11:18 PM   #1

Hey. Im a newbie here. I need some advise before I purchase one of the two. There about the same price range but need to decide soon. The camera will beused for family use, going on vacation, sporting events, stuff like that.What are the differences between the two camera's? Which one would you personally choose? Which one has a better rep? And is the DMC-LC50 newer then the DMC-LC33?

Thanks alot.

Dubs
Dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2004, 3:59 AM   #2

The LC50 is same camera as LC33 jus with a new body, butlook at the oldLC43 (4mp better than3mp)reincarnated asLC70... the older models are lots cheeper ! BUT SAME inside

ukdigital.co had some

i had a 43 nice easy point shoot camera..no probs cept eats normal batterys most digi`s need powerful nicads btw... and with 43 u get a charger free

but Im not impressed with Pana ne more no regard for their FZcustomers etc read here..

and lots cameras in this range see steves reviews

good luck !

is that canon calling lol

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:01 PM   #3

Doesnt the DMC-LC33 have the ability take video, while the DMC-LC50doesnt?
Dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:27 PM   #4

Just go for DMC-LC70, almost same feature with DMC-LC50, but it has an audio for its video.
blackdragonconqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 6:50 AM   #5

The only problem I had with the LC-33 was it was too slow from shutter press to photo taken. Which is no good for what I need as I wanted to take photos of show dogs, but in thier natural play. I'm used to a Film SLR, so I'm probably asking too much. Luckily I only lent the LC-33. I'm still searching for a digital, looks like I now have to wait for the FZ-20 reviews.

P.S. at full zoom on a cloudy day, you will need to increase the ISO, although the noise level didn't seem to climb as fast as some of the bigger cameras I have seen here.
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote