Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 24, 2004, 2:49 AM   #1

I'm sure I'll get all sorts of "oh my god" responses on this one.But I just had to post. A bunch of whiners crying about their FZ10 and why it doesn't work for them.

Here's a thought. It's too much camera for you, go find a point and shoot for a few hundred dollars.

There, I've gotten that out of my system for another month or two so you don't need to worry about my posting for awhile.

Thanks for letting me spout again for a moment.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2004, 9:56 AM   #2

I'm new here so maybe my opinion does not yet count. But yes, I agree with you I purchased FZ10 and previously FZ1. I would like to see some improvements but in this case it's not justified.
microdolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:18 AM   #3

microdolx wrote:
Quote:
I would like to see some improvements but in this case it's not justified.
tss tss tss... Let me correct you here... It's not justified FOR YOU... It's plenty justified for me I can assure you !

Try to go macro shooting bugson an overcast day with somebig magnificaton and an external flash... Then come back to tell me that it is not justified...

I bought this cam because of it's full manual mode, I don't see why not beeing able to use this mode can be justified...

David
ddsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:23 AM   #4

Don't cry baby, cos I'm gonna throw you away soon.
Some people here told me you are hopeless and unfixable. The most important is - A new baby is coming!!:?
fz_10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:11 PM   #5

Let me ask the group - Would other camera manufacturers provide a firmware upgrade if they had simular problems as are noted with the FZ10, OR is this a problem with the manufacturer and not the camera?

As I hinted in a previous post, is this a reason not ot buy a PANASONIC camera?
banderson317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 2:36 PM   #6

There is not a lot wrong with the FZ10. It does look like Panasonic has addressed the weak areas with the FZ20. Good luck to them! They state that they are trying to improve their market share to 10% by 2007. This will take dedication to keeping the costs down and constantly improving their cameras.

Just because they have not sat on their hands after the FZ10,owners are miffed that a better one is available already. Would you prefer to have waited two years for the next model?

Look at what Olympus did. I have and love the 2 MP Uzi C2100uz. But their new models were a step backward, with no IS or or even low light focus assist (until recently.) That's why I bought the FZ10.

parallel
parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:17 PM   #7

banderson317 wrote:
Quote:
Let me ask the group - Would other camera manufacturers provide a firmware upgrade if they had simular problems as are noted with the FZ10, OR is this a problem with the manufacturer and not the camera?

As I hinted in a previous post, is this a reason not ot buy a PANASONIC camera?
As I mentioned in another post, this is a reason to buya panasonic.

There is no other camera that competes for features for the price, otherwise no one here would have bought one.

There simple isn't enough competition against this camera. In panasonics eyes there is no need to fix the camera because there is no selling pressure from the competition.

So is it Panasonicsfault or the competition?

StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote