Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 26, 2004, 10:25 AM   #1

Hi
I have a set of Yashica GSN Electro 35 Auxiliary Telephoto & Wide Lenes and was wondering if they would work with the modern digital cameras (I have Panasonic FZ-10 /20 series in mind) with proper adaptors offcourse.

Tele: 1.3x 55mm screw-in mount 40 degrees angle of view

Wide: 0.8x 55mm screw-in mount 61 degrees angle of view

I have heard that it is nearly impossible to use them with any other camera/lens
tell me its not so

Thanx

Awais

mutated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:52 PM   #2

There is no reason way the tele should not work, with the wide you might have problems with vignetting.Take your lenses with you when you visit your favourite camera store and try them out,if they do not have the correct adaptor ring just improvise with cardboard and sticky tape

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Franco

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"With any aux lenses not specifically made for your camera, I will always recommend to try before you buy,more expensive is not always better
REALYTYCHECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:59 PM   #3

I have the same camera i got at a garage sale for 10bux. Are they any good, i took some pics and they turned out awesome! What are they worth in good condition?
:?:
memberkgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 3:33 PM   #4

memberkgb wrote:
Quote:
What are they worth in good condition?
:?
On ebay it sells between 40 - 50 bux max

I have seen a couple complete with the box packing they came in

Awais
mutated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:24 AM   #5

AOA,

It is Dr Zaheer frrom R.Y.khan Pakistan. I got myFZ10 from USabout 10 days back. Its a fine cam for its price/feature profile. I adore Yashica G series as acheap classic, but its auxillary lenses i dont think can make any sense on FZ10 primarily because of physical reasons. The Filter thread mount on Pana Hood is 72 mm and if u remove the hood,there is no filter thread on the lense front at all. If at all there were to be one on the lense front, it would be 62mm ..........

So then u had to gofor a 62-55 mm step down ring for your desired purpose.......THe whole idea doesn,t make sense given that the FZ10 has an OIS ultra optical 12xzoom and the a 36x digizoom for the rrrocket-ride.

Anyway i do like to collect Yashica G with its Auxillary lenses....any suggestions where i can get it in mint in Pakistan.....
zaheer is offline   Reply With Quote