Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:26 PM   #11

Bump

Wondering about whichrubber lens hoodto get so it'll accept my 62 mm Hayo UV filter, and being able to put a cap on the filter with the rubber lens hood would be nice. Thanks for all the help already.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:40 PM   #12

playlong wrote:
Quote:
[color=#000000]

I am glad to see that you did not order the combination adapter and lens shade. It is not flared enough and the silver model has silver inside the shade ouch!
I assume that you are referring to the Pemaraal PA62H adapter, the lenshood does not have to be flared as according to Pemaraal there is no vignetting when the camera lens is set to wide-angle.

I have a Phayee two-piece adapter and the lenshood on this adapter is not flared and there is no vignetting at wide-angle.

Also as regards the Pemaraal silver adapter the lenshood has an internal anti-reflective black coating.

Anyone who is interested can see further details and images of the new Pemaraal adapter here:-

http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:47 PM   #13

Well, ordereda 62 mm and a 72 mm snap-on lens cap (got both in case the 62 mm has to sacrifice itself to protect the camera, in which case I can continue using the 72 mm with the stock lens hood while I wait for a replacement 62 mm).

Now, what rubber hood should I get?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:00 PM   #14

tacticalnuke wrote:
Quote:
Bump

Wondering about whichrubber lens hoodto get so it'll accept my 62 mm Hayo UV filter, and being able to put a cap on the filter with the rubber lens hood would be nice. Thanks for all the help already.

Here is a UK EBAY site the has a very nice collapsible 62mm rubber lens hood and the pictures say yes. You may be able to pick up a lens cap at the same time. Also get a lens leash or tether an elastic band goes around the lens barrel and attaches to the lens cap. You can throw it off and let it dangle instead of sticking it in your lint-ridden pocket.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=706&item=3 830629778&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It will probably cost you $15.00US including postage. The local Hama filters sell for $29.00 not including postage.

Now you have to make me a promise. Read the poorly documented manual with camera in hand twice.

Go to these site for additional information.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/index.html

Take pictures with your heart first then your head. You can learn from your mistakes but please do not become a zoomer or a BB&B person. That means bugs, buds and birds.

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:11 PM   #15

Yes I now he is taking my advise and fixing up thesilver shade. My opion is that the shade does not flare enough and should have been made out of the lighter hard plastic material.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:21 PM   #16

Alright, thanks for the link. I ordered up the lens caps already, both 62 and 72.

I promise to read the manual with camera in hand twice. I already did the EV -2/3 adjustment.

This camera won't be for birds and bugs. It's for pictures of my girlfriend and I, family, scenery on walks, scenery on vacations, anything really. I went with the FZ10 because when it comes to electronics, I want to do it right. Plus, this camera will do everything from automatic point-and-shoot to manual everything, so it seemed like a good buy. I'm pretty happy with it, just been fooling around with it the last couple of days. Gotta wait until the weekend (I work full-time during the week) to really read through the manual and test it out.

The camera, battery, memory card, and 72 mm lens cover are here now. The lens caps, 62 mm, and PD62 adapter have yet to arrive.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll have to keep reading and posting to really get this camera figured out.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 7:02 AM   #17

tacticalnuke wrote:
Quote:
It's for pictures of my girlfriend and I, family, scenery on walks, scenery on vacations, anything really.
I would like to see some of the early posts.

Use the zoom to get close to your subjects. I have found that not being physically close relaxes them.

Most of all have fun.