Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:55 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
playlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
Default

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
I got a Transcend 48x 512 card and I'm a happy camper. Super fast writing. All for about $110.



Suzan
Thank you Susan do you ride if so what style?
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 4:31 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
ImKayd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,785
Default

Yes I ride, a couple of times a week. I ride mostly distance and trail and do some training. The horses in my avatar are grandma (the brown one) and grandson (the surfer boy blond).



Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:46 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
playlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
Default

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
Yes I ride, a couple of times a week. I ride mostly distance and trail and do some training. The horses in my avatar are grandma (the brown one) and grandson (the surfer boy blond).



Suzan
Wow when is a horse not just a horse when it is an Avatar Arabian or a Pasofino. Most people in the states have never heard of a Paso, I believe they started in Peru mixing Arabians and Latin bloodlines.
The last time I rode a Paso was in Brazil it was palomino all legs almost 15 hands and took five steps to move a foot. He was the smoothest horse I ever sat. I do not ride much any more because I feel 240lbs is too much. I am on a diet for the horses and me. Please post some pictures especially surfer boy blond.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:04 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
ImKayd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,785
Default

Sorry no Paso Finos here. The Bay(brown) is an Anglo/Arab (Arab x Thoroughbred) and the blond is an Akhal Tekex Arab. In Stupid pets I put in site references for Akhal Tekes. Grandma is 15.2h (h=4") and the kid looks like he's going to be 16h at least. Paso Finos rarely get over 14.3. This is the first time I've had him mistaken for A Paso usually people think he's a Rocky Mountain Horse.

Suzan



Sorry camera fans just a little drift to the side on a subject I love.
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 10:42 AM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 63
Default

I bought a Transcend 45x 512MB SD CARD from a shop today in Hong Kong, it costs me around USD$80 (HKD$630). Writing a 5 frames burst shot on my FZ takes ~2 seconds. I have a cheap 128MB Torica SD card as well, and it takes ~8 seconds to finish the same job. Transcend has a 60x version of its 512MB cards and 45x for its 1GB card. The 1GB card is priced at ~USD$125 (HKD$980), which I didn't consider buying it because it is out of my budget and 512MB is already more than enough for me (350+ shots).

I have a Panasonic 64MB card which comes with my FZ10 (along with the 16MB card). It is not so fast however, takes 4 or 5 seconds to write 5 frames.

So those faster SD cards do make a big difference on the FZ10. :-)
akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:52 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
playlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
Default

akirabbq wrote:
Quote:
I bought a Transcend 45x 512MB SD CARD from a shop today in Hong Kong, it costs me around USD$80 (HKD$630). Writing a 5 frames burst shot on my FZ takes ~2 seconds. I have a cheap 128MB Torica SD card as well, and it takes ~8 seconds to finish the same job. Transcend has a 60x version of its 512MB cards and 45x for its 1GB card. The 1GB card is priced at ~USD$125 (HKD$980), which I didn't consider buying it because it is out of my budget and 512MB is already more than enough for me (350+ shots).

I have a Panasonic 64MB card which comes with my FZ10 (along with the 16MB card). It is not so fast however, takes 4 or 5 seconds to write 5 frames.

So those faster SD cards do make a big difference on the FZ10. :-)
And I was lucky to catch a big sale on Panasonic 256 and 512mb SD cards.$54.99 - $20.00 rebate at http://www.outpost.comlook under hard drives and memories. (1-877-688-7678)
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 7:26 AM   #37
Member
 
dachshund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 51
Default

btw, do you know how long do i have to wait before i can get the rebate for?

-----------

nvm.. it stated there.. 8-12 weeks...

cheers

dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:44 PM   #38
Member
 
dachshund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 51
Default

oh well
im confused now
on outpost it says offer expires 2004-08-05
i checked on the panasonic rebates & promotions site, it stated that the offer expired on the 5th of july 2004.
:?:
dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:04 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
playlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
Default

dachshund wrote:
Quote:
oh well
im confused now
on outpost it says offer expires 2004-08-05
i checked on the panasonic rebates & promotions site, it stated that the offer expired on the 5th of july 2004.
:?
Offer expires 08/05/04
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 10:26 PM   #40
Member
 
dachshund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 51
Default

just rang outpost / fry and they said the expire date is what's stated on the website, which is 2004-08-05 woohoo...

and guess what...
i rang panasonic too and that's exactly what they said too.. its expire date is what's stated on the website, which is 2004-07-05...

:P

:evil:
dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.