Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:28 AM   #11

Can't the flash be forced into a shorter cycle, by fooling it into thinking that you are using a higher ISO, or lower F-Stop than you actually are?

What about a diffuser for the flash?

Or am I over simplifing the problem?
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:42 PM   #12

I tried some more ideas to work around this problem and now find it is looking more like a programming error. I was in the kitchen this weekend with only the light from 3 windows (afternoon).One was behind me and the other two were 25 feet in front of me. I setup in manual mode and took a picture of the table between me and the two windows. As the camera focused, the LCD went very dark. Not too dark that I could not see anything, butdark enough that I couldn't make everything out clearly (some old age eyes also!).

I took the shot and reviewed it on the LCD screen of the camera. The picture on the LCD was very clear and only half as dark as when I focused and took it.

This leads me to believe the camera is not evaluating the condition properly and appears to have an equation wrong in the program. Itwould make sensethat a program update (firmware?) would help correct the problem if other areas of its functionallity are not effected. I'll leave this up to the experts at Panasonic to explain.

BUT..... I absolutely love this camera and the quality of the lens.I do not know if this problem will appear enough in my use to justify upgrading, but Ido have an offer from a friendto buy my FZ10if Idecide to.The problem is finding the work around for the few times it does effect me.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 2:32 AM   #13

How did you guys change the apeture on the camera after having the external flash on?

Once I pop in the Nikon SB-28DX, the camera automatically lock in at 2.8. No matter if I change to A, or S, or M, it is locked at 2.8. I could change the shuttle if I use S or M mode, but can't change the apeture.

But if I disable the external flash, then I could change the 2.8 up to 4. The minute enabling the external flash, it auto lock back at 2.8
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:30 AM   #14

smilepak wrote:
Quote:
How did you guys change the apeture on the camera after having the external flash on?
set external flash as "manual" rather than "preset"
akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote