Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:03 AM   #1

Hello everyone!

First, my english is not the best one, but I hopeYou can understand

My question is : Do I need or not the additional RT5264P lens holder for this Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro lens? Or is the FZ10 original lens hood adequate?

Thanks

Sipsik
sipsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:27 AM   #2

sipsik wrote:
Quote:
Hello everyone!

First, my english is not the best one, but I hopeYou can understand

My question is : Do I need or not the additional RT5264P lens holder for this Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro lens? Or is the FZ10 original lens hood adequate?

Thanks

Sipsik

Most people will recommend a different, aftermarket lense hood because the original is so large and long. Plus, adding a step-down ring in addition to such a long hood probably isn't the best of ideas, even if it is a really thin one. So, spend the extra 30-50 and get an aftermarket one (it probably doesn't really matter which one, there're about 4 that work, there're links in my "Some FZ10 Questions" thread). You can get whatever you want, but you might as well get the RT5264P if you're getting the macro lens from the same company.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:11 AM   #3

Thanks tacticalnuke

Sipsik
sipsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 8:53 AM   #4

The dcr250comes with a clip-on adapter that fits any diameter from 52-67mm. (The dcr250 itself has a 43mm rear thread - 49mm front -that srews into the clip-on.) The fz10 stock adapter is 72mm so you would need a step ring. Thisarrangement will result in considerable vignetting. You want to get the dcr250 as close to the fz10 lens as possible. Yoshida or pemaraal adapters do that and are highly recommended.

Fred
PS: Yes. The Raynox RT5264P would also work.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote