Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:39 AM   #41

Nice to see that you guys don't need my radical input in order to go :-). In some ways I feel like a proud daddy.

Have a nice day.

PS - Lin, love your edit of my photo, thanks!

I'd personally love to try an FZ20 because I have alot of faith in Panasonic Cams, I use them for video as well. However, I've put my money into the Mark II so I can't afford to play with the FZ20. If it isn't too different than the FZ10 then I think that y'all will be pleased with it. I wish you well in your photography.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 6:51 AM   #42

lawrencew wrote:
Quote:
What is so wrong with people wanting an easily rectifiable flaw in the camera design fixed?

The FZ10 is a great camera. But it isn't perfect. I love it in spite of its flaws. But I dont see why I shouldnt still press for it to be improved.

And from the FZ20 manual it appears to function in the same way.

Anyone who takes a serious amount of flash photo ought to be aware of this problem.

Or is this forum only for people who blindly heep praise on the FZ cameras and everyone else must be forced out?

i agree with you lawrencew. if we just keep quiet about it, panasonic will do the samemistake for FZ30 and so on because they think there's nothing wrong with he camera. the only way for Panasonic to survive the competition is to keep on improving based on the users' complain. if they won't do that...i'm sure the competition are very willing to do it. it's just a matter of time....
spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 12:51 PM   #43

cageyman wrote:
Quote:
Now, on the one hand, I truly do not understand the tendency here, by some,to demean people who would like to have thisproblem fixed, by those who care nothing about the flaw.Sometimes it comes across asverymean spirited (and narrow minded, if I may say so - just because something's not a problem for me doesn't diminish its validity for someone else).
Okay, folks, *I* was not demeaning anyone or trivializing the "problem". This thread is full of these types of generalizations,but these generalizationsdid not come from me (although I'm seeing them directed at me).

The fact is, there is no "problem" with the camera -- the "problem" is the circumstances under which a relatively few people are attempting to use the FZ10. Panasonic has already officially stated the camera is operating as designed. If you don't want to encounter the problem, then don't use the camera under those rather specific circumstances. If you don't like how it was designed, then this obviously is not the camera for you.

Basically, there's no reason to keep posting the same complaint, especially when it isa preference for how a few people wantto use the camerarather than a "flaw" or "problem". Most of you complaining about this "flaw" have obviously decided to keep the camera despite the "flaw", so obviously, it can't be too much of a problem or you would have ditched the camera. So since you don't really have too much of a problem with the FZ10, why do all the rest of us have to keep reading this same complaint...over...and over...and over....

Hence my original dead horse comment.

----------------------

Chris
www.FZ-Club.com
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 1:04 PM   #44

lawrencew wrote:
Quote:
But I wont give up pointing it out as one of the negatives of the FZ10 (and likely FZ15/20) if anyone asks for opinion. All round, the FZ flash capability is one of its biggest weaknesses.
Perfect! That's exactly what forums like this are for, and as I potential buyer, I would appreciate hearing it from someone who is obviously very well versed in the capabilities of the FZ10.

Quote:
And I post on plenty of other topics too.
If so, I humbly stand corrected.

-------------------------

Chris
www.FZ-Club.com

EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 4:35 PM   #45

effzeeone,

Truce!

Time out!

No more of the subject that shall not be named :-)
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote