Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:25 AM   #1

This little "after the FZ10" debate is a bit foolish, don't you think. If you couldn't create a decent photo with the FZ10, well, I know personally that you didn't know how to use that camera, period.

So, what is my personal response to the FZ "anything" afterwards?

Some improvements will occur, but other problems will arise that didn't previously exist, primarily because you guys think that it's the camera and not you. This camera gives you a potential to drive outwards, and it also gives you the creative potential to change and alter settings. You cry because you can't understand how, then you cry because Panasonic hasn't given you a play by play on exactly how to do this or that. What a bunch of idiots. I really don't like that word, but I need to use it here, sorry. Okay, the word may be taken on a personal level, so I retract and say the idea of dynamic improvement is idiotic (nothing personal to any particular person).
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2004, 8:23 AM   #2

Aye aye
tuwalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:45 AM   #3

I must be one of the idiots.

I am trying to take pictures with an external flash. However, when I stop down the aperture to the setting that matches that recommended by the instructions with my flash gun, I can't see anything through the EVF because it has gone too dark

As I am an idiot, can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 12:39 PM   #4
RMC

lots of idiots out here then norm. Lets hopeyoucan help outall of the thickheads who keep getting this darkening of the evf. Can't understand whyyou need to resort to insults though, after all, as you clearly don't have this problem i would have thought thatyou would have preferred to help out all the people who do. People aired a few grievences last week over issues that they felt were wrong with the fz10. Rightly or wrongly they are entitled to their opinion as you are to yours. One or two went to great length to explain the problem and put the point accross very well.Do you think that these people are idiots? Perhaps then you would like to explain at length what these people are doing wrong and how to avoid this problem rather than call them idiots!In particular perhaps you can respond to the problem which is described in this link.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Finally i would like to say that i have seen a lot of the work you have posted on this forum and think it isbrilliant. I have also seen others work which is very good also. This proves that the camera can indeed do a fantastic job. However i also feel that the problems mentioned are valid as well. Maybe there are individuals who can't handle the cam but there are too many people bringing up this issue for it not to be valid. If you have critisism to make, by all means make it,but try and keep it constructive, crybabies and idiots isn't very constructive is it?!!
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:29 PM   #5

lawrencew wrote:
Quote:
I must be one of the idiots.

I am trying to take pictures with an external flash. However, when I stop down the aperture to the setting that matches that recommended by the instructions with my flash gun, I can't see anything through the EVF because it has gone too dark

As I am an idiot, can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
While I'm not taking sides on this issue, and I know too little to do so, Normcar has just been owned. :lol:

I'll agree with whoever said that the FZ10 is like when you buy a Porsche, you have to make some sacrifices. However, the complaints are legitimate, and that's why I'm taking a neutral stance on the issue. I just found lawrencew's comment rather amusing, that's all.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote