Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:34 AM   #1

I have been trying my best to collect money so that I might be able to afford an FZ10... but the current prices here are to high. I have managed to collect about $350... I'm from Pakistan, but my dad is currently in Houston, Texas. Does anybody here know of any place where I can get a used FZ10 in Houston?? or is anybody here who lives in that area and wants to sell his FZ10 for that price??? pleez pleez help... I have been waiting for the prices to drop here for the past 4 months... even an FZ2 is being sold for $400 here.... please please please help.... the colour (black/silver) doesnt matter... I have been searching in online yellowpages but only a few stores have their websites, and most of them dont have FZ10s....

I wud really be grateful if you give me any info about this....

I've checked ebay but there's no offer in my price range... and shipping costs wud have to be paid in those $350..
rameezrazzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:31 PM   #2

This may not help but www.vanns.com sells them for $499 shipping included.

Good luck
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 7:12 AM   #3

rameezrazzak wrote:
Quote:
I have been trying my best to collect money so that I might be able to afford an FZ10... but the current prices here are to high. I have managed to collect about $350...
Hi there,

I am sorry for your situation. I do not think there will be a break in the price of the Panasonic line until October November of this year. The new Panasonic cameras should be available worldwide causing a drop in the FZ10 and others. Your wait is almost over. By then, you will have some additional money for an inexpensive SD card and UV filter.

Good luck

Jerry

256 sandisk card $40.00 US
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 7:31 AM   #4

Thanks a lot for ur responses I've seen many many online shops, but none sell it for less than $490... I cannot pay more than $320.. that may not be much in the US, but in Pakistan, if a person earns that mnuch a month, he wud be considered very successful in life! so you can imagine, it's already a lot... especially coz I'm just 18. Hope what you said would be true, and after the release of the new cameras, the prices would drop... but I would have to wait a couple of months more... but well have got no choice.

Thanks again for you responses... they've given me new hope .

Old Jul 31, 2004, 1:59 PM   #5

You might want to check out this thread at DPreview.com: It references the Ritz retail chain selling some of its "display" (or returned?) FZ10's on Ebay, for ~$320.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9723969

Hope that you may be able to take advantage of theabove info.

Bob Cohen
LuvFZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:52 PM   #6

AOA,

Its dr zaheer from R.Y.Khan Pakistan.......about a week ago i got my FZ-10 with std accessories a friend of mine bought for me in US. I did a lot of research before buying my first really capable DC. I happen to be a photographer just short of being a pro...with 12 years experiance on my back.

First of all i appreciate your selection given your age 'cause today's young boys are more keen dishing out there money in "phoket" cell-phones.......when i was your age i started off with a used Canon AE-1 programme for about PRS 6000 only...so you already quite ahead of me in terms of "jamah poonji".

FZ-10 is a fine fine DC for its Price/feature profile..........I can sell it to you for 350 USD with all its std accessories (dabba pack) probably about November or so....that is just a possibility.........even by then FZ-10 wont be available here in Pakistan in 500 USD equivalent.....u know the DC market of pakistan....last week Olympus c-5060 was selling for PRS 50,000 at a select store at LHR while its original US price is only 480 USD.

You cantouch me at 03009672110.
zaheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 6:04 PM   #7

Walaikumassalam Zaheer
Thanks a lot Luv FZ10

It was nice to hear your comments.. especially coz they're just soo true. ALL my frineds and cousins would spend all their money in cell. phones.. and all my family, and friends have been busy convincing me not to "waste" my money on this "kachra", and buy something useful.. or get a digital camera that other ppl have, it also works fine.. (I think you would've guessed it that they meant Sony Cybershot by that... they're so common that they're synonymous with "digital camera" now...)
Anyway, I think photography is gonna stay my passion for quite some time... inshaAllah.

As for the Jamah Poonji... for a person like me, who can't hold on to a thousand rupees for more than 3 months, having 19,000 rupees is amazing. Actually my Elder Sister... (no blood relation, but heart relations are closer than blood, i beleive) gifted me 19,000 rupees for buying an FZ1 on my b'day, with the restriction that O would spend it only on buying a digital camera. Anwyay... I have also been researching for digital cameras since the last 4 months, trips to local markets have proven to be VERY discouraging, as nobody even knows about FZ10, and secondly, they dont take me seriously becoz of my age.. and I feel so angry.. but anyway..
I'm just hoping and praying that after 2 months, when FZ15 and 20 would be avaialbe in the US, the prices of FZ10 would decrease, and I would be able to buy one, like PLAYLONG suggested. inshaAllah, and then I would ask my dad (in US) to buy it and send it to me...

Nobody in my family has a mobile phone, so can't sms you.
I think, from all Asian countries, Pakistanis are the most active on these forums..
-------------------------
Just promoting my website on another thing I am crazy about, Parrots. Help me save the Indian Ringneck Parrots species from dissappearing from its habitat.
http://grc.iwebland.com
-------------------------------