Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2004, 11:49 AM   #1

i would like to get a spare battery for this camera FZ10....two part question

1. batterybarn.com has this battery for 35.00US$ CGA-S002A, what is the thickness of batery, so i know i am getting the right one?

2. I am going to Europe in september for a trip, and i have this multi pack euro conversion plugs adapter, to plug the hair dryer and anything else that has a north american voltage/plug to work in europe, is charging the battery's while i am in europe using a convertor plug/adapter going to be a problem?

thanks for help
Belz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2004, 11:54 AM   #2

I assume they supply the same charger in the States as here in Europe.

Mine is marked 110-240v. If yours is the same, you should have no problem
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 2:02 PM   #3

i am assuming mine will be the same, i plan to place the order for the FZ10 sometime soon from a US internet retailer, so whatever comes in the box...i assume it is like yours.

is it a switch to change voltage on it, or do i need the adapter plug to plug in the wall in europe(actually i will be in Croatia)...

later

Belz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:02 PM   #4

you just need the adaptor for the plug.

The actual charger is autoswitching
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:28 PM   #5

Belz wrote:
Quote:
1. batterybarn.com has this battery for 35.00US$ CGA-S002A, what is the thickness of batery, so i know i am getting the right one

Some sites have specifications on which batteries fit which camera models. If not, try e-mailing them on the subject.

I found good batteries for the FZ10 in batteryvalues.com (about $35) and jr.com. In jr they had one for about $39, but it was a 800 mAh battery instead of a 680 mAh, therefore it lasts longer. Try to find that out also before you buy it.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:44 PM   #6

Shipping on this one is kind of steep, but it would be nice to have on holiday where you might not be able to recharge for the whole day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...830552155&rd=1
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:21 AM   #7

I bought one from here:

http://www.powergears.com/search.php...p;x=19&y=2

Seems as good as the original, shipped fast. $25
parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 4:24 PM   #8

Batterybarn.com is also a great place. Ordered mine from there on Monday, had it by Wednesday with regular 'ol USPS. The free shipping is quite nice.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 10:54 PM   #9

You could also try building an external battery pack out of 6 AA NiMH batteries in a holder.

I've started making one and in my initial experiments I can run my camera in review mode, but there isn't enough current (or something) to extend the lens to take pictures and the camera shuts down. I don't have the time right now to rebuild it with thicker wires (I used some very thin wire), but I'm guessing that's the problem.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:21 PM   #10

anomaly wrote:
Quote:
You could also try building an external battery pack out of 6 AA NiMH batteries in a holder.

I've started making one and in my initial experiments I can run my camera in review mode, but there isn't enough current (or something) to extend the lens to take pictures and the camera shuts down. I don't have the time right now to rebuild it with thicker wires (I used some very thin wire), but I'm guessing that's the problem.
Did you run the batteries in parallel or in series? That'll make a big difference. Thin wire isn't the problem, but type of wire can be. If there is a very high resistance, you'll have a really low current, which may be why you can't work all the camera functions.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote