Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:58 PM   #1

Hi Everybody, Anyone that wants to purchase the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 can now pre-order it at AMAZON.com . I did! They say it will be released on September 21, 2004. Get in line here.

If this link gets segmented just go to Amazon.com ... I like buying from Amazon because they have a customer satisfaction policy where you can return the camera with NO re-stocking fee. They allready give free shipping for the initial purchase with no tax in many states. All you have to do is pay for return shipping which will cost you $10 at DHL with $600 insurance on it.! Thats not bad.... getting to try a camera out for a few weeks for $10 is well worth it to me and they deserve my support for having such a policy.. I have never had a problem with Amazon .... just dont tear everything open and crease up the manuals,etc. Lets keep them from pulling such a liberal policy like newegg had to do. No... I dont work for Amazon ! Hope this helps some of you! Dave fz10fan
superzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:49 PM   #2

Thanks for the news,
But I would probably wait a bit, since if you can wait till end of September, probably some place/people will have it before that, you can check what they have to say before deciding on the purchase. (ie. Minolta Z3 is already selling in Japan and HK, but amazon also has that with release date of Sept. 21st) At least if it's all negative comments about it, it is something to be considered.

Also, I probably won't buy at MSRP. It should be a bit cheaper. Altho I want my first dcam earlier than later, it's worth perhaps another month or 2 just to see what u get is what u are looking for.

Just my 0.02...
Andy
dakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:45 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up,Dave. I'm in line. Couldn't pass up the 30 day full refund return. Also, they currently have a $50 off later purchasepromo - thru 8/1 - which includes pre-orders.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 7:57 PM   #4

If you go with the Amazon offer, I would also order your SD media before you have the cam. Also, if battery is the same, order an extra battery.

Maybe 1-2 Sandisk 512 Ultraflash II Compact Flash.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:30 PM   #5

Agree on the necessity of an additional memory card or two, but there don't appear to be any exceptional sd card buys at Amazon.The price seems to be plummeting elsewhwere, however. $19 for a 256mb kingston at eCost - w/ $20 rebate. By September they may be giving them away.

Fred
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:15 PM   #6

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Agree on the necessity of an additional memory card or two, but there don't appear to be any exceptional sd card buys at Amazon.The price seems to be plummeting elsewhwere, however. $19 for a 256mb kingston at eCost - w/ $20 rebate. By September they may be giving them away.

Fred

Well they don't cost anything to make so that wouldn't be too unreasonable.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 9:55 AM   #7

Lets get that street date moved up! :angry:
bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:26 AM   #8

The estimated shipping date on the Amazon email order confirmation is Oct 4. By that time I would imagine the fz20 will have been in some peoples' hands for a month.

Fred
Old Aug 1, 2004, 1:48 AM   #9

for those in Canada.... Henry's is doing pre-order too... no date on release tho...

dakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:51 AM   #10

Dave: Thanks for tip! I just entered my order at Amazon.com. Best regards, another Dave
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote