Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 31, 2004, 5:19 AM   #1

Here is a short paragraph from the new Z3 manual, re full manual & the use of a flash.

Quote:
The changes made to the exposure will be visible in the live image on the monitor. The monitor shutter-speed and aperture display will turn red if the image is significantly underexposed or overexposed. If the monitor is black, increase the exposure until the image is visible; decrease the exposure if the monitor is white. When the shutter-release button is pressed partway down, the brightness of the live image may change while the camera focuses. In manual exposure mode, the auto camera-sensitivity setting will fix the ISO value at 100. The camera sensitivity can be changed in section 3 of the recording menu (p. 62). The flash mode can be set to fill-flash, fill-flash with red-eye reduction, or slow sync. with red-eye reduction (p. 26), but the live image will not reflect the flash exposure.
This is on page 38 of the full manual of the new Z3, available here.

[align=left]
[/align]
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2004, 8:06 AM   #2

Here is a "semi-professional" who justify the problem on FZ10 with a piece of paper (a page in Z3 manual).
Did he actually try the Z3, I don't think so.
fz_10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 8:36 AM   #3

My point is simple. The Z3 has the same problem (feature) as the FZ-10.

Work it out for yourself! At least Konica have this in the manual, one would assume Panasonic don't spell it out so clearly, since so many are complaining it should be fixed!

I think you're flogging a dead horse now if you think this is going to be changed by Panasonic, when the competition have it in black & white that their machine does the same thing in manual with a flash!

I'm not justifing it. If you buy a Z3, then hopefully you will know the problem in advance - if it is a problem for you at least.

I'd much prefer, the viewfinder to view with. As it was originally intentioned, in the original camera. Digital simply means it should improved it's usability, not reduce it.

As for being "Semi-Professional", I don't get paid for my photos, you're right, but I take photos for fun - I'll take that as a complement if I may!
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 12:05 PM   #4

Wow, that's very interesting. Frankly, if two manufacturers have done this, they must have a design idea in mind. I'd guess they forgot to consider the case where an external flash is attached (personally, if an external flash is attached, I'd think the evf shouldn't change at all).

fz10_user, that wasn't very nice - you could have written a response without making it personal. I agree that this feature can be an issue, but I see no reason for it to divide us all here.
cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:03 PM   #5

StormyKnight wrote:
Quote:
Here is a short paragraph from the new Z3 manual, re full manual & the use of a flash.
[font=Arial]
[size=2]

Thanks for the information.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote