Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 21, 2003, 9:50 PM   #41

Ok, I have some more indoor shots both with and w/o the flash.

http://photos.jacobfam.net

(look at the baby pictures)
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 10:42 PM   #42

Those indoor pix look great-- with flash and without! So how come this camera gets a lot of flack about indorr shots in the reviews?
Click
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 8:29 PM   #43

Does anyone have prints yet???? Are REALY IMPRESSIVE 5x7's possible?
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 9:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
Does anyone have prints yet???? Are REALY IMPRESSIVE 5x7's possible?
I got 4 x 6's done at Wal-Mart. I don't know about 5 x 7, but the 4 x 6 was great!
Old May 26, 2003, 4:21 PM   #45

Default Does anyone have prints yet???? Are REALY IMPRESSIVE 5x7's p

I have printed excellent 10" x 8" on my Epson printer and had 10" x 8" prints produced by Photobox.co.uk from this camera which prove it has a first class lens. Of cause with only 2MB you need use every pixel you have and use the optical zoom to correctly frame your shot.

David
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 8:28 PM   #46

I really like Fabe's last question regarding the stabilization on the Panasonic. Has anyone found any information regarding what Panasonic used to make this fantastic stabilizer or is it just a shake light? I'm getting ready to order my FZ1 but these crazy reviews from everyone continue to stray me from decision. I love the Olympus products that I do and have owned but the 2100 is simply to bulky for my taste. This panasonic seems perfect. I'm not a pro and I currently have a Nikon 775 and I dont think I have ever explored the manual features of that camera. So these comments about the FZ1 not having any manual controls really don't bother me. I want the fun of the BIG lens. Anyones help would be appreciated . Fabe have you found anything new out?
chefschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2003, 9:02 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefschneider
I really like Fabe's last question regarding the stabilization on the Panasonic. Has anyone found any information regarding what Panasonic used to make this fantastic stabilizer or is it just a shake light?
Anyone notice that the "shake light" is not on in all situations? Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's not. I can't seem to figure out what type of environment makes it come on.

Anyone else?
Old Jun 3, 2003, 1:01 PM   #48

Default Me To

I have been trying to figure out the "shake" as well. Only thing I can say is that it relates to the ISO setting, but I have only had good results with this by turning the camera off and back on to make the change and then looking at the shutter speed for some kind of comparision? It does seem odd that when we have a device that is that sensitive there should be a way to respond to it?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:19 PM   #49

Well I 'll have to let you know my experience with the shake light. I broke down and ordered my FZ1 today from B&H. I'm anxious to start shooting. I guess if I dont like it I'll put it up for sale. Surely this Leica backed attempt from Panasonic for such a trend setting consumer camera there is some real technology to back it up.. Maybe I'm just crossing my fingers... If anybody finds out further evidence of what Panasonic used let me know. Until then happy shooting. I'll be takeing the camera on its first trip too Disney so that should give me some real world shots.
chefschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:35 PM   #50

Default Maybe

The shutter "shake" symbol popping up is the result of the 1/2 press shutter release button. On my camera I nearly eliminated the symbol from appearing by experiementing with a lighter touch for the 1/2 press. Maybe if some others would try this??? we could have an answer to the problem???
normc is offline   Reply With Quote