Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2003, 1:07 PM   #51

When you refer to the shake symbol are you talking about the slow shutter speed symbol. If so its there to warn you that light levels are low there fore a camera support is required because of slow shutter speed.
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2003, 1:29 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Elson
When you refer to the shake symbol are you talking about the slow shutter speed symbol. If so its there to warn you that light levels are low there fore a camera support is required because of slow shutter speed.

Ahhh... thank you, that makes sense as to why I see it mostly indoors.

The manual doesn't give much detail about it. All it says is that when this symbol is displayed a tripod is recommended.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:42 PM   #53

Default OK

I read the manual as well and it states that below a speed of 125 the " symbol " will appear? Then you are to go and get your tripod? How about changing the ISO? or even one of the modes? ....you can "stabilize" almost any lens if you can go to a faster shutter speed????
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 1:07 PM   #54

Default you can "stabilize" almost any lens if you can go

The maxim has always been to use a shutter speed at least the same value as the focal lengh of the lens. So if you are using the Zoom at its maxium of 420mm then the shutter should be 1/500 sec. If zoom is set at 200 mm then 1/200 sec and so . This is not the same as stabilization.
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2003, 3:02 AM   #55

Default Encouraging first touch

Just bought it yesterday for US$350. Have not taken any serious photo with it yet. First impression is solid and quick. Playback is also fast. Took some sharp shots at 12X, 1/60 secs & F2.8, handheld. Some surprise inclusion at this price 1) DC input cable included, 2) Full quick charge in 2 hrs, 3) Floating ring allows the hood/filter to be rotated. BTW, able to attach 55mm filter to protect the lens (instruction to do so is in the manual).
Otime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 2:00 PM   #56

Where the heck did you find it for $350??
flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 3:24 PM   #57

Default $367.oo

Just got mine from Provantage for 367 including shipping...ordered on Tuesday night and was delivered three days later on Friday
draxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 10:53 PM   #58

Default Where to find it for US$350

Got it in Singapore for approx US$350 at Sim Lim Square, comes with a nice case that can be attached to the belt. And once again, that "hand shake" symbol is just a warning feature. Most of my shots taken at 1/60 sec at full zoom where sharp (e.g. birds, bees, etc). 2 in 3 shot at 1/8 sec at full zoom of static objects where sharp. Tell me which camera can beat that! And at US$350? I can just dump it (... rather ... give it away), when a better model is available.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:46 PM   #59

Default Re: Where to find it for US$350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otime
Got it in Singapore for approx US$350 at Sim Lim Square, comes with a nice case that can be attached to the belt. And once again, that "hand shake" symbol is just a warning feature. Most of my shots taken at 1/60 sec at full zoom where sharp (e.g. birds, bees, etc). 2 in 3 shot at 1/8 sec at full zoom of static objects where sharp. Tell me which camera can beat that! And at US$350? I can just dump it (... rather ... give it away), when a better model is available.
Can you give me address of that site? I've found this:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~maxxum/price.html
and I can't really believe that's it. I can't even found the pricelist, this site looks like someone would like to steal my money...

I'm lost on these pages. Did your camera come from Singapor or what? How exactly did you order it? Please show me.
Trdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2003, 10:11 PM   #60

Did not get it online. Got mine at Sim Lim Square in Singapore. Posting on this tread indicated that you could still get it at approx US$350 online.