Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 7, 2004, 2:19 AM   #11

If the LTZ10 is too expensive for you I think the next best one is the sony 1758, for clarity and color saturation. I read a review with photos on all the teleconveters and the 1758 has it over the Tcon 1.7 but the LTZ10 rates the top (unfortunately it's 4x as expensive). If I can remember where this study is I repost and site.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 3:34 AM   #12

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
If the LTZ10 is too expensive for you I think the next best one is the sony 1758, for clarity and color saturation. I read a review with photos on all the teleconveters and the 1758 has it over the Tcon 1.7 but the LTZ10 rates the top (unfortunately it's 4x as expensive). If I can remember where this study is I repost and site.

Suzan
I have been impressed with the images I have seen taken with the DMW-LTZ10 but not so impressed with the cost of the lens! Although if you want quality you have to pay for it.

The Sony 1758 sometimes appears on eBay, I picked up a mint example at a very good price which had only been used a couple of times.

Suzan it would be interesting to read the review on the various teleconverters if you can remember the site.

Harryo

Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 10:21 PM   #13

Glad you got the info you were looking for Harry. Sorry about the delay in response. I just received my Mark II so I've been a bit busy with it. I also feel somewhat nervous whenever I post in the Panasonic channel because I can sense the snipers just waiting to shoot me down.

Anyway, glad to hear you got the info you were looking for. Hey, now the FZ10 will be cheaper!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 5:35 AM   #14

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Glad you got the info you were looking for Harry. Sorry about the delay in response. I just received my Mark II so I've been a bit busy with it. I also feel somewhat nervous whenever I post in the Panasonic channel because I can sense the snipers just waiting to shoot me down.

Anyway, glad to hear you got the info you were looking for. Hey, now the FZ10 will be cheaper!
Hello Normcar, I did a search and found some of your previous postings on here, I was looking for the one that contained some images of the lens and its fitting system.

I am intrigued what is your "Mark II?

Blimey! I didn't realise we had snipers operating in here. :ak47:

Just put your tin hat on and keep those interesting postings coming.

Harryo
Old Aug 9, 2004, 5:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Hello Normcar, I did a search and found some of your previous postings on here, I was looking for the one that contained some images of the lens and its fitting system.
Below is the link to what I think you are referring to, Harry.

http://www.brrd.ab.ca/nnorway/carrweb/extender.htm
Quote:
Just put your tin hat
Yes, I've always found tin to be an extremely strong metal, especially when I'm without a can opener, beans in hand, and hunger pangs are striking.

Quote:
I am intrigued what is your "Mark II?
The Mark II is a recently released DSLR.

Good luck with your camera!

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 7:17 AM   #16

Thank you for posting the URL Normcar and the explantion regarding the "Mark II".

I have now bookmarked your site for future reference.

Harryo
Old Aug 10, 2004, 6:31 PM   #17

Hi

I have for several months been the proud owner of a Panasonic FZ10 and am awaiting deliver of an FZ20. During my ownership of the FZ10 I needed to purchase a telephoto lens and looked around at various options including the 1.5x DMW-LTZ10 however I heard about a company called Pemaraal Online (
http://www.b300.com) visited the web site and after several e-mails to confirm various things (all were answered within one hour some within a few minutes) I decided to purchase several items from them these were a PD-62 adapter which reduces the required filter diameter size from 72mm to 62mm and a 1.7x Olympus TCON-17 with a required step-ring for the PD-62. These items arrived quickly and safely from Pemaraal and I would recommend them as a company for the quality of service they offer.

On the web site you can also view test-images taken using most of the lens options including some that you thought might not be possible have a look at

The price of the PD-62 was $32 (USD) the Step-ring was $5 (USD) and the TCON-17 was $99.99. Pemaraal also do other telephoto lens options including the 1.7x SONY VCL-HGD1758 at $219.99.

I hope this helps
Regards
Barney

B.Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:53 PM   #18

B.Bear wrote:
Quote:
I decided to purchase several items from them these were a PD-62 adapter which reduces the required filter diameter size from 72mm to 62mm and a 1.7x Olympus TCON-17 with a required step-ring for the PD-62. These items arrived quickly and safely from Pemaraal and I would recommend them as a company for the quality of service they offer.

Hi Barney,

I am very familiar with Pemaraal. They sold you the mismatched equipment because that is all they had. If you were starting out from the beginning, it would make more sense to get matching millimeters in adapters and lenses. Although what you have works it is a weird way to start. You could have got a 55mm adapter from two other sources and saved money. The only good thing to come out of this is you did not get the PA62 series. Good luck with the FZ10 and your new telephoto, if it has a front thread buy a lens hood and UV protection filter.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 5:21 AM   #19

Playlong, I think from Barney's posting he purchased the adapter and step-down ring he required at the time and which suited his requirements. One assumes if his purchase is recent he would have seen the announcements on the Pemaraal website regarding their forthcoming adapters.

Not everyone wishes to purchase an adapter for a specific lens and will use the basic 62mm thread size of the adapter for filters and a step-down ring to accommodate their add-on lens.

Various other adapter manufacturers offer their adapters in the 62mm size and then sell step-down rings, this is not peculiar to Pemaraal.

Myself I prefer not to use a step-down ring with my Sony lens so therefore chose a Yoshida adapter which is attached to the lens permanently, I then use other adapters for my 62mm filters. This is not to say that I would not use a step-down ring specifically developed for a given adapter.

The ideal is a purposely designed adapter with no step-down ring for a given lens size, if one can afford to buy various adapters for different functions that is fine, most people appear to want a single adapter with which they can then use step-down rings.

I realise from postings that you have made on various forums that your experience with Pemaraal adapters has not been the happiest!

If you do decide to manufacture your own adapter you are left with a choice of a single adapter 62mm in size for use with step-down rings or to cover the various lens offerings for the FZ10 various sized adapters which no doubt increases manufacturing costs.

Harryo

Old Aug 11, 2004, 6:58 AM   #20

I agree that it is a personal choice an so be it...

Harryo

Please accept my humbleapologies for any upset the above has now been deleted I now realise that you were addressing Playlong.

I apologise unreservidly

B.Bear is offline   Reply With Quote